Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FTAO @Trev81

You take the reel out ? **** that! Lol.
I did that for a whole day lol.

Jake I wouldn't get the ones I have got. I bought new ones.

The old ones are flawed mate.

Nah lol. I don't drive through rivers lol.
Same, tried taking reel out for one day and thought stuff that! It was falling all over the shop :mad:

Honestly mate, I'm suprised the pole stays inbetween a couple of load stops, poles are lightweight, if expect it to be all over the place, unless your load stops are very high and can be adjusted to squeeze the pole tightly

I've got soil pipes in the van trev, but like to store the pole outside the van when driving from house to house you see

I use four load stops.

Two opposite each other to make a V

So the pole cannot go anywhere.

You could easily make it but was easier my way. For me.

I've got soil pipes in the van trev, but like to store the pole outside the van when driving from house to house you see
Theres 2 blokes round my area in a little black sooty van that have their poles on the outside of the van, I keep thinking there chimney sweep blokes when I see them going up and down the streets lol.

Theres 2 blokes round my area in a little black sooty van that have their poles on the outside of the van, I keep thinking there chimney sweep blokes when I see them going up and down the streets lol.
Stops drips in the van though /emoticons/wink.png

True /emoticons/smile.png soon dries with the webasto turned up lol.

Do you have it locked on somehow when your driving about with it on the outside? If I did that no doubt somebody would grab it and run!

True /emoticons/smile.png soon dries with the webasto turned up lol.Do you have it locked on somehow when your driving about with it on the outside? If I did that no doubt somebody would grab it and run!
I have two pole clips which I've fitted to my roof bars, but I'm looking at some better ones as we speak! I was gonna put some actually on the side of the van, but not a good idea having holes in the van if I ever sell it!

I see the end of the reel hose is resting in the back of the van when pulled through the roller. What happens when you want to shut the doors and drive off?
i make sure the hose is just away from the catch & just slam the door, its sqeezed by the rubber but doesn't damage the hose, if i wanted i could just take the tap off each time & pull the hose inside but doesn't seem worth it

Well @Damo redashe do not sell direct, so I've been dealing with one of there suppliersc and they want £98 plus vat just for the square roller!!!!!!!

Sod that,

I'll get it from gardiners, Alex sells it for half that atleast, then I'll look at getting the roller for under the van from elsewhere, although it's looking like I won't be able to fit the winch one due to placement under the van. So I may have to try the ones you have fitted at the mo.

I'm now looking into getting a much better system for my hoses, fancy doing something similar to what you have done @Damo contacted Grippa earlier for some assistance, my issue is I need my reels stacked so I can have room one side for my gutter vac machine, so need a solution for doing that with the hoses going out under the van on rollers, should be able to be done ok you think?

Think it will be a wise investment for speed and to save my back from the constant lifting in and out of reels.

Back