Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6 Mm Or 8 Mm Hose

Trinculo

Just about to order some new hose and would be grateful for peoples experiances of 6mm hose. I've been using 8mm since I started and have got on fine with it but 100metres does weigh a bit!!

I'm assuming 6mm is a bit lighter but does that come at a price i.e not so kink resistant or hard wearing.

Pure Freedom don't seem to list 6mm but I'm assuming they do it, whilst Cleaning Spot are out of stock.

Opinions gratefully received.

i have both 100m 8mm and 60m 6mm hose, i find also find that the 8mm is heavy but i find the 6mm dosent kink as much as the 8mm! that might just be me.

would reccomend both sizes as the botht have ups and down on them!

It may be negligible, but the more water you have to push, the harder your pump has to work, hence the narrower dia would perhaps give a longer pump life?

I use 6mm but don't get it from cleaning spot, got mine from there & it wore down in loads of spots after 2 uses & they wouldn't even swap it for me. Awful customer service.

I use 6mm but don't get it from cleaning spot, got mine from there & it wore down in loads of spots after 2 uses & they wouldn't even swap it for me. Awful customer service.
Bit too late. Picked up an ex display 6mm hose and reel for a good price. Haven't used it yet but quality looks on par with my 8mm when it was new.

As for Purefreedom, wanted over £50 delivery for quite a bit of gear, which I thought was a bit steep. I'm London based so Cleaning Spot, whilst not around the corner at least I can check the gear first and saved a few quid.

I have no affiliation with Cleaning Spot by the way, it was just easier for me.

Back