Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning warehouse system not filling

jamesthered

ive just bought a second hand about 2 hrs old and water is coming out at 0ppm, but water is about 200ppm from tap, but it's only making a litre of clean water every 6/7 mins. I have a 500 litre tank with system which eventually figured out how get working - all the pumps to dispense are all good. At this rate I'll only be to work for few hours a week. I've looked at output from hose, that's OK. It's going Pete Tong once goes through system.

Any help, I'm probably missing something easy

Depending on water pressure you should make about 45ltrs an hour. Remember that 300gpd is US gallons not UK. My old 300gpd used to take about 18hrs to make 300ltrs of water due to low pressure. So I upgraded to a pumped 4040 which is much better. You could by a pump which would increase production.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Depending on water pressure you should make about 45ltrs an hour. Remember that 300gpd is US gallons not UK. My old 300gpd used to take about 18hrs to make 300ltrs of water due to low pressure. So I upgraded to a pumped 4040 which is much better. You could by a pump which would increase production.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
............... and its not a 12 hour day, its a 24 hour day. (I think a US gallon is about 4 liters.) The r/o's production also slows when the tap water is cold (ie during winter) so that won't be helping either.

Cleaners using slow r/o's usually process water into an IBC tank so it can run all day whilst they are out working. Our first r/o was a 450GPD and although it supplied 2 of us we had to ration water toward the end of the week in winter. It ran most of the time to keep up.

Ok thanks for advice, yet more hand in my pocket,just seems to be all I'm doing lately.
This is why its good to research the forums and to ask the opinions of experienced cleaners before buying expensive equipment that isn't suitable. The trouble is that many sellers sell small r/o's to aquarium owners. Whats suitable for them isn't for us.

Iv got a 450 gpd ro and that Takes over 30 hrs to fill a 1000 Lt tank.
That's what we found. In winter 28 hours and in summer about 22 hours. There was still a little water in the IBC tank that the pump couldn't suck up.

I've got the same RO as James (OP) and am running it with a booster pump. According to pressure gauge it's running at about 70psi and it's currently producing 21 ltrs/hour (504 ltrs/day or 111 gals/day British). Pure to waste = 1 pure to 1.75 waste. Tap TDS = 400.

This keeps up with me as I use about 300 ltr (66 gal) per day.

I would like to improve my water purification setup this year. I'd like to improve the pure to waste ratio and hopefully do it un-boosted as both my water and electric bills are quite large.

Latest Posts

Back