Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oh, is that not included in the price?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James Bond

Had an old boy call me up asking for a quote, so after work I popped round as promised and looked round his bungalow and next doors, gave a price of £15 and £10. He was pleased and just said call it £20 and £10... result!

So yesterday I went round to clean, started on his neighbour's house.

"Oh brilliant yes that looks great already, just call in for a coffee after you finish her windows and gutters"

"Gutters?"

"Oh that wasn't included in the price?"

"No... this is the first time I heard about this."

"Oh I see... well can you do them and I'll pay the difference"

I spent some time scrubbing at these horrendous green Gutters then realised he doesn't know how much they are. So I went round and educated him that I have gutter jobs similar to this starting at £45 alone. His eyes nearly fell out!

Fortunately he was happy to carry on with the windows as I was willing to talk honestly with him

Had an old boy call me up asking for a quote, so after work I popped round as promised and looked round his bungalow and next doors, gave a price of £15 and £10. He was pleased and just said call it £20 and £10... result!So yesterday I went round to clean, started on his neighbour's house.

"Oh brilliant yes that looks great already, just call in for a coffee after you finish her windows and gutters"

"Gutters?"

"Oh that wasn't included in the price?"

"No... this is the first time I heard about this."

"Oh I see... well can you do them and I'll pay the difference"

I spent some time scrubbing at these horrendous green Gutters then realised he doesn't know how much they are. So I went round and educated him that I have gutter jobs similar to this starting at £45 alone. His eyes nearly fell out!

Fortunately he was happy to carry on with the windows as I was willing to talk honestly with him
It's amazing what some people think are 'quick' jobs. I've had loads of customers say "just give the conservatory roof a bit of a clean this time" and expect it for free! Same with gutters. They don't realise that extra jobs like that take far longer than doing all the windows.

Had this a few times in past myself now,

So I always say when they ask well before I start it will be so much £££s and explain what they will get for there money, and find it works a treat.

But I always make sure my customers know exactly what the cost is going to be before I start any job. As ones I was at a house and see said any chance you could clean all my plastics and roof on my conservatory and took 2 of us all day as it was that bad (green on the outside and full of nicotine on the inside) and when I finished and told her the price her eyes nearly popped out, but see payed and still clean her windows every month and now do her conservatory ones a year

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah been here now I always say you will have to book in for it another day and give them a quote there n then..I'm too busy for add ons during the day my work is planned out so sack that

Back