Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What hat?

• Thread starter Solarpanelcleanington
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

Had a wide brimmed Tilley hat that's indestructible & utterly brilliant but when using ladders kept getting knocked.
So now its just a baseball cap if its super hot & sunny but I do turn the collar up on my polo T-shirt to protect my neck.

Anyone bother with shades & suncream?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
I wear ray ban wayfarers when the sun is out. I only use sun cream when I'm abroad but have burnt the top of my head once or twice so should use some really.

Someone earlier recommended a waxed cap and I'll second that. My Mrs bought me a Barbour one a couple of years back for Xmas and I love it although it's a bit too nice to wear for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'd prefer one of these

326cf9dfed43e2f1f51c4ed6fae8cf5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Baseball cap all year round and turn it round when it gets too windy or hot.

Do have long hair though which covers the neck /emoticons/smile.png

I don't wear a hat, although I did think of wearing a sombrero for a laugh. However I then thought it'll be good at keeping sun off my neck and out my eyes so ...:rolleyes:

i rate the vistaprint baseball caps.a little known fact is that theyre good to crank down if it gets blowey. iv found very few other baseballer caps crank down.

i rate the vistaprint baseball caps.a little known fact is that theyre good to crank down if it gets blowey. iv found very few other baseballer caps crank down.
I was looking at them the other day but wasn't sure if they'd be any good. Have you got a pic of yours?

I wear a baseball cap as I've said. My usual prob is I do the outside of an office then go inside and take it off. And that's where it stays til I either go back for it or leave it til next month

Back