Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is gardiners backpack the best???

Reach For The Glass

Hey guys

Need to order a backpack. Never used one so will be my first. I was going towards gardiners.

Anyone care to agree or disagree. Or point in other directions.

Thanks.

Hey guys
Need to order a backpack. Never used one so will be my first. I was going towards gardiners.

Anyone care to agree or disagree. Or point in other directions.

Thanks.
Will you be using the backpack all day everyday or is it just for the odd job here and there?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've not used the water genie one but I use the Gardiner backpack all day every day, five days a week.

I was put off by the wheels on the water genie and decided to mount my Gardiner backpack on a sack truck with puncture proof tyres. The water genie wheels don't seem like they take much abuse.

Cheers adam.

To be honest I'm not overly fussed about it being a trolley or mounted on a trolley. I plan on whipping it out the van and dumping it on the spot.

I'm talking build quality, performance, price and reliability.

I can't comment on using the water genie but I'd always lean towards the Gardiner one if I was buying another one. Their customer service is excellent and Alex is often on here if you have any problems or questions.

Are there specs the same pretty much? I'm worried to go away from gardiners as it seems a trusted brand.

I'm just starting out so no equipment really and last thing I want to be doing is re buying in 6 months.

Maybe I'll start a thread on my equipment I'm getting then people can say yay or nay.

Water Genie back pack is perfectly robust, the trolley wheels do have quite a bit of room for improvement and I would not 'abuse' them in all honesty.
Out of interest, how do they stand up to the day to day stuff like up and down kerbs and steps? They also look like they'd sink into customers grass.

I use Gardiner at least four days a week and its fine. I put it on a Clarke Strong arm sack truck, bought from Machine Mart, with solid tyres that cost me about £25 and I abuse it. Keep the wheels greased and its been fine for over a year that I have used it. The Gardiner back pack is too heavy for me to carry full but on the sack truck its awesome. Bungy to keep it on when I go up and down kerbs. Im six foot two but only 12 stone max and more a runner than a body builder!!!!

I know a windie i see occasionally who uses 2 gardiners backpacks (him and his cousin) all day 5 days a week and only charges it once a week

Very good battery life

For build quality this is the best one I've seen unfortunately it only holds 16 litres and that's the only reason I didn't get it. The water Genie has only got a 7ah battery so you will have to charge it more frequently.

Back