Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is There Any V.a.t Registered Window Cleaners On Here.

dth

Im just about to start wheelie bin cleaning as well as putting my second pure water van on the road in the next couple of weeks, so within no time i will be over the vat limit.

Any advice would be good because i dont think i could put the vat on top of my prices, i will just have to make it up on volume.

Was thinking that myself 20% Vat is a big chunk to add on or swallow, Two different companies i think is the way to go because all your costs are labour and not much in materials, fuel is your biggest cost

Was thinking that myself 20% Vat is a big chunk to add on or swallow, Two different companies i think is the way to go because all your costs are labour and not much in materials, fuel is your biggest cost
My accountant says i cant split the two companys up. Even if i did i will still go well over the limit this year with the second window cleaning van on the road, plus all the power washing etc.
Registering for vat frightens the shite of me

Yes it must be pretty scary, 3 limited companies?
Or i was thinking move my frequencies to 6 weekly and add the vat, but then you still need more cutomers to make up for longer frequencies( CATCH 22)

you can run 2 separate companys, 1 must be wc, 1 wheel bin cleaning, BUT they must not share any thing, ie offices, materials, even a photo copier, you can register for vat and pay 11% but charge 20%, but you can only claim back VAT on purchases over £2k thing with the vat man, is I am sure he wants paying monthly now, and you must pay them before you can claim it back

you can run 2 separate companys, 1 must be wc, 1 wheel bin cleaning, BUT they must not share any thing, ie offices, materials, even a photo copier, you can register for vat and pay 11% but charge 20%, but you can only claim back VAT on purchases over £2k thing with the vat man, is I am sure he wants paying monthly now, and you must pay them before you can claim it back
Thats the prob mate its all run from the same place.
I dint understand how you can only pay 11%

Where you getting this info from mate?

My dad claims vat bk on anything, not things for 2k or more.

youl need good disipline with collecting vat , it should be deducted from your turnover on a weekly basis and lodged into a separate account ,ive a mate who learned this the hard way and ended up having to sell his wifes car to make up for money that she spent .you shouldnt have a problem charging commercial customers vat on existing prices as most of them will already be vat registered and can claim it back.

Where you getting this info from mate?
My dad claims vat bk on anything, not things for 2k or more.
I thought it was standard knowleege, but you have to register for the 11% vat but only claim over £2k, otherwise you pay 20% and can claim everything, a decent account should be able to tell you which way is best,

I thought it was standard knowleege, but you have to register for the 11% vat but only claim over £2k, otherwise you pay 20% and can claim everything, a decent account should be able to tell you which way is best,
Cheers for that info thats really settled me down, ive been fretting about it for weeks, my accountant never said a word, but then again he's not a proper accountant just a book keeper.

the important thing with accounts is

THEY WORK FOR THE GOV, BUT GET PAID BY YOU, AND IF THEY **** UP, ITS YOUR PROBLEM NOT THERES

a good accountant is worth it

Back