Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure to waste ratio

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bobby Halton

Quick question here..when filling up I'm currently making about 1 litre pure every 45 seconds or so..but I've hardly any waste..I'm talking drips..is this a good or bad sign? ta

I'd think bad as it will kill your filters very fast and resin what is your ppm before the resin ?

011/012.. gets too 000/001 out the brush..I thought the same..when I flush it obviously pours out the waste. .soon as I turn flush off back to drips.

Well your waste should be higher I'd say obviously depending on set up , my 300 Gpd ro produces my water from 260 from the tap to 7ppm before resin and I can waste 5 ltr to every 1 pure produced

5 litre waste to every 1 litre pure? wow need mine looking at then pal..thanks for your help..1st week on the pole so getting head around it all

Its a lot to take in /emoticons/smile.png my waste pipe has a screw that I can loosen or tighten to restrict waste and the tighter it is the less waste but this kills my filters in months

Well your waste should be higher I'd say obviously depending on set up , my 300 Gpd ro produces my water from 260 from the tap to 7ppm before resin and I can waste 5 ltr to every 1 pure produced
That is very high

I have my waste open a touch while making pure and it is still around 50/50 waste/pure

I have a 450 gpd my tap water around 360 comes out 4 after filter and I'm running at 50/50. The old Merlin's wasted a lot of water a 5/1 ratio seems like a lot of waste to me. My filters have lasted for ever. A full set of filters for mine is between £25 _ £35 quid. For that sort of money id personally would run it as is and see how long the filters last if they do knacker quick it's only a couple of house cleans to replace them. See how much a set of filters are for your ro and if it's worth a punt.

011/012.. gets too 000/001 out the brush..I thought the same..when I flush it obviously pours out the waste. .soon as I turn flush off back to drips.
You have to keep that waste tap open a bit so you get at least 1 to 1 waste to pure ratio.

The membrane removes the minerals from the water, but if you close the waste tap completely those minerals have nowhere to go. They will just clog your membrane and it won't last long. On 4040's Purefreedom supply they use a gate valve to regulate the waste water flow. To ensure that the waste valve can't be fully closed, they drill a 1mm hole in the 'gate'.

I did that with mine, but I still need to open the gate valve more to get the right balance. I have an inline tds meter, one sensor into the pure line from the r/o and the second into the pure after di.

I'm able to tweak my valve to get the lowest tds reading from the sensor on the r/o outlet. Best ratio for me is 1 to 1 waste to pure.

Mine's a Filterplus 300gpd unit. It was set to about 4:1 waste to pure when I got it but that was too much for my liking so I restricted it myself to a little over 1.25 to 1. It's worked perfect at that ratio for 18 months so far. If I get two years out of it I'll be happy, though I suspect it'll go for for longer.

Latest Posts

Back