Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

After 4 month I can take it easy for the first time in 20 years

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I personally wouldn't be happy with customers cancelling due to it simply being January and they've overspent at Xmas.

I've still got food, gas/leccy, council tax, Van/car insurance, mortgage etc etc to shell out - I wouldn't get a wink of sleep for worrying! /emoticons/sad.png

However, if Norman isn't overly concerned about it, enjoys the time off then who am I to criticize.

My brother cleans a lot in Kensington/Chelsea and has august off as everyone goes to their second homes abroad that month - he simply factors that into the original price...

Maybe Norman can do that and possibly take a holiday in January himself if he knows he won't have any work.

If you're not earning then you might as well be out enjoying yourself somewhere nice and warm:thumbsup: rather then freezing your gonads off like all windies with be doing today - blooming chilly with snow expected....../emoticons/sad.png

I personally wouldn't be happy with customers cancelling due to it simply being January and they've overspent at Xmas.I've still got food, gas/leccy, council tax, Van/car insurance, mortgage etc etc to shell out - I wouldn't get a wink of sleep for worrying! /emoticons/sad.png

However, if Norman isn't overly concerned about it, enjoys the time off then who am I to criticize.

My brother cleans a lot in Kensington/Chelsea and has august off as everyone goes to their second homes abroad that month - he simply factors that into the original price...

Maybe Norman can do that and possibly take a holiday in January himself if he knows he won't have any work.

If you're not earning then you might as well be out enjoying yourself somewhere nice and warm:thumbsup: rather then freezing your gonads off like all windies with be doing today - blooming chilly with snow expected....../emoticons/sad.png
I personally wouldn't be happy with customers cancelling due to it simply being January and they've overspent at Xmas.I've still got food, gas/leccy, council tax, Van/car insurance, mortgage etc etc to shell out - I wouldn't get a wink of sleep for worrying! /emoticons/sad.png

I hear that @Spartan. Last week I was sunning myself in 27degrees, now I'm back first week to rain and snow!!! Still, it is winter I suppose. Still couldn't live anywhere else though /emoticons/smile.png

I hear that @Spartan. Last week I was sunning myself in 27degrees, now I'm back first week to rain and snow!!! Still, it is winter I suppose. Still couldn't live anywhere else though /emoticons/smile.png
All right Steve - don't rub it in! ROFL

Just started snowing here...[emoji300] [emoji16]

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

Snowing here and gonna be 0° in the morning

Will still be doing commercials at 7.30am

Snowing in Dublin too!Brought my RO and DI inside and covered the pump and tank in the van just to be on the safe side...
Went to the shed and flicked the switch on for my heated ro setup lol

I wish!Usually I am texting all my customers on Sundays saying that I will call in next week to do the windows and I am asking them to give me a day that suits them best as here people want to be in when I am around cleaning windows. After that we agree on time and I put them on my booking list. Complicated but that is the way it works here...
ABSOLUTE

MADNESS !

What do you do with whatever you earn extra?

I just use it for some time off.

@StorminNorman no we don't have that in place mate lol but do you not feel this current method is opening you wide open for cancellations and putting the customer in full control?

Customers should be in full control, in my opinion. I would be in full control of schedule if I would hire any cleaner. You should just charge more for VIP services (desired time) thats all, in my opinion..

Last edited by a moderator:
@StorminNorman fair enough I don't think they should be in full control though. I get the philosophy your coming from but it entices messers to mess more and doesn't help train the customer to what we expect....regularity.

Are you always going to be happy with such a level of cancellation? Honestly I would totally readdress how I made contact with them mate and I say that out of fellow newby support only

Tbf the way I see it is if you text in advance so they know when to leave money out or to be at home it cuts down on collection.

I'd much rather go through the 'hassle' of texting which costs nothing to cut down on collecting which costs money.

WHY?Do you have a signed contract with every customer allowing you to call in someones property whenever suits you?
WHY?Do you have a signed contract with every customer allowing you to call in someones property whenever suits you?
youre spending more time and money arranging for people to be in than youre making.unless they want the insides cleaned or you have to go through the house why do they need to be in.because youve given them that option-get youre head screwed on,stop with this shite or youll be signing on by spring

youre spending more time and money arranging for people to be in than youre making.unless they want the insides cleaned or you have to go through the house why do they need to be in.because youve given them that option-get youre head screwed on,stop with this shite or youll be signing on by spring
forget collecting - tell them all its cash on the day or bank transfer - dont make work for yourself !

What do you do with whatever you earn extra?I just use it for some time off.
With extra money I was earning I used to throw it at the mortgage and overpay.

That way it was saving me thousands in interest payments and helps to finish the mortgage earlier. Being self employed with the fragility that could bring, I like to be debt free as much as possible. That way if u couldn't work due to illness or a change in circumstances I wouldn't have to worry.

Sorry, I know it's super boring...:thumbsdown:

What do you do with whatever you earn extra?I just use it for some time off.
With extra money I was earning I used to throw it at the mortgage and overpay.

That way it was saving me thousands in interest payments and helps to finish the mortgage earlier. Being self employed with the fragility that could bring, I like to be debt free as much as possible. That way if I couldn't work due to illness or a change in circumstances I wouldn't have to worry.

Sorry, I know it's super boring...:thumbsdown:

January is OK. After that people are getting payed. Happy FKN days!

@StorminNorman fair enough I don't think they should be in full control though. I get the philosophy your coming from but it entices messers to mess more and doesn't help train the customer to what we expect....regularity.
Are you always going to be happy with such a level of cancellation? Honestly I would totally readdress how I made contact with them mate and I say that out of fellow newby support only
God some folks boil my blood, I bet if you had not text them and then missed a month with there cleans, they would have given you ear ache, people are strange, would not like to loose one twelve of my yearly business.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
How often do you clean your own windows?

Latest Posts

Back