Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

After 4 month I can take it easy for the first time in 20 years

WCF

Help Support WCF:

With extra money I was earning I used to throw it at the mortgage and overpay.That way it was saving me thousands in interest payments and helps to finish the mortgage earlier. Being self employed with the fragility that could bring, I like to be debt free as much as possible. That way if I couldn't work due to illness or a change in circumstances I wouldn't have to worry.

Sorry, I know it's super boring...:thumbsdown:
Sounds like me lol, I hate having debt ! I try to only buy necessities unless my bills are sorted in advance lol

I wish! Usually I am texting all my customers on Sundays saying that I will call in next week to do the windows and I am asking them to give me a day that suits them best as here people want to be in when I am around cleaning windows. After that we agree on time and I put them on my booking list. Complicated but that is the way it works here...
So am I actually reading this correct?

Its Sunday night and You text Fran and Pam who live four doors down from each other in the same Street asking them what day THEY want their windows Cleaning, Fan says I want my windows Cleaning on Tues between 10-11 please then Pam says I'll have mine cleaned on Friday please @ 10.37!!!! What the flip do you do then, just accommodate and go back to the same Street twice in one week?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

So am I actually reading this correct?
Its Sunday night and You text Fran and Pam who live four doors down from each other in the same Street asking them what day THEY want their windows Cleaning, Fan says I want my windows Cleaning on Tues between 10-11 please then Pam says I'll have mine cleaned on Friday please @ 10.37!!!! What the flip do you do then, just accommodate and go back to the same Street twice in one week?

Oh Crikey Stan from number 36 has just came out while your cleaning Frans and asked if he can join the round, but you can only clean his on Wednesday because that's the only day he's at home!!!

Do you get my drift?? Crazy letting all customers dictate as to what day/time you clean.

Oh Crikey Stan from number 36 has just came out while your cleaning Frans and asked if he can join the round, but you can only clean his on Wednesday because that's the only day he's at home!!!
Do you get my drift?? Crazy letting all customers dictate as to what day/time you clean.

I have jut a handful of customers atm who are really committing to REGULAR cleans but most of them like to pick a week or a day (or YES - even time!) for me to call in.

In the beginning it wrecked my head but now I just do the ones who really want to get windows cleaned on a 4/6/8 weekly basis and always are happy for me to call in whenever I am telling them I will (I text them on Sunday saying that I will be in the area on Tuesday from 10-3 and ask them to leave the side gate open if they are not in).

The rest is getting a VIP status and VIP prices. I see it as a bus service vs Taxi..

Anyway I earn my living mostly with gutter cleaning services so I am not worried if my rounds are a bit messy. 2 gfs jobs + five 20€ houses a day and I am more than happy.

My main focus is to keep every customer happy and it works for me as I am constantly picking up big jobs just from recommendations.

Friendly service and can do attitude + wow factor for the finished job is the most important way to gain a good reputation I think.

Latest Posts

Back