Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

online only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bluemonkey

has any one got a copy of the letter they give to custys telling them that they are only taking online payments from now on

What if you have custys who don't have online acsess ? I think you should give options rather that going totally online.

dumping them, sick of going back to collect and people not in, even though they know what time i am coming back
Galileo was excommunicated by the Catholic Church for daring to suggest that the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way round.

Do you think that people might have other things to do rather than waiting in for the window cleaner. Have you tried leaving addressed envelopes for people to post cheques?

Having said that I've just started (this week) giving customers the option of Electronic Bank Transfer/bill payment. I'll let you know how it goes.

Its just a part of the job mate, not sure how you are going to get on if you tell your customers you will only take online payments. You may find yourself looking for a job!. I doubt there is anyone on here who only takes online payments, to give you a letter. Surely not all your cash or cheque paying customers are out when you collect?. Also, i dont know about you, but i have many elderly customers who dont even have a computer, never mind do online banking!. Also got a few who do have a computer but maybe dont trust online payments. Yes it would be very handy if all my customers payed online, but i know for a fact, if i tried to implement that, i would have to go back to driving buses!.

tried envelopes, they dont get posted, am sick of going back to people 3-4 times to collect £8, i have enough who pay online now or on day, or first time collecting, the rest who are **** payers are getting online only or no more cleans

dumping them, sick of going back to collect and people not in, even though they know what time i am coming back

Why don't you politely ask them if they could give up an evening and instead of you going collecting they bring the money to you. You just have to make sure your in and tell them all your address and they deliver there money. If you gotta go out ask them to leave a note on the door to post it through letterbox. Works for me. Oh and forgot to add I also leave a key and they take it in turns to make my dinner lol. Seriously collecting is a pain in the man utd but it is part and parcel of the job.

it might be part of the job, but i am spending 5 ***hts a week collecting and saturday mornings, it is getting to the point where i spend more time collecting than working

I collect between 6pm and 7pm, every day we are out. Most of the time its done in half and hour. I accept online payments, which accounts for about 5%, and about the same for cheques, the rest pay on the day, on when we go back in the evening. I still miss some here and there, that pay the following month. However if anyone misses two booking they are placed on hold.

This is what I have written on my collection letters.

Payment Methods

Payment can be made by; cash, credit card, debit card, Paypal or cheque. Please see overleaf for more information regarding our payment methods.

Our Outstanding Payments Policy

We ask that outstanding payments be settled within 28 days; however we will continue to provide our service for up to 56 days without receiving payment. After this period your account will be placed on hold until the outstanding payment has been settled.

I agree with what has already been said above, 'online only' will not work with residential customers.

ya maby hes only doing it to bad payers ?

if so its the right thing to do

personally i only do 1 clean and if they aint payed by the time the next clean comes around i wont do it agine till they have payed for the last 1 or arranged to pay double next time which is fine.

id love everyone to pay online save me talking for 1hr a day lol

i have some great payers that pay with in a few days on line, some that pay first time of knocking and others that seem to vansih of the of the planet

wou;d rather spend my time knocking for new work, than clean a house i might not get paid at

Collecting money is the best part about it!! Maybe you should ask them to leave it out for you, Iv called on a Sunday just to get some people in but if it keeps happening I would just leave them

I never provide envelopes or anything, I tell my customers to send a cheque, and 100% of the time they do.

Never had to collect instead.

I never go collecting either.

I spend 10 minutes every ***ht calling customers who I know will be out the next day and ask them to leave a cheque out. Id try that before going 100% online

I have a fair few but a lot are higher priced jobs, I have less than 20 jobs that are priced less than 10. and 7 of those are shops.

Most of my customers are in when I call, as one person does not work or they work from home or they are retired.

Others I tell to send cheques and some I pop by on my travels at work or leave til next time.

tried collecting once. found it such a waste of time. half the people weren't in.

we just leave a slip and customer sends cheque. but we've always been flexible, sometimes they don't pay until following month.

been using envelopes for 15+ years now. it works well, But i find i have to wait 2-3 weeks for payment on some

tried online banking and i find i have to wait 3- 4 weeks for payment on most!!!

at least i dont have to collect in the evenings and if i worked for someone else i probably would be paid monthly anyway

If you want regular payments get a "proper Job" lol (thats another topic)

Back