Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pencil jet clogged up??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wish Alex Gardiner was on, he'd tell you for certain. If it were me I'd buy a controller, Shurflo pump and a strainer. It's your money at the end of the day though, but if it works you won't be losing time not working.

You sure the battery is OK? What ah is it? How old is it?

What is the function of a strainer by the way? Money is not a massive issue I wouldn't mind spending for new pump and controller if it.were to solve my problem but then again I do not want to spend unnecessarily if it is something that can be sorted otherwise

What is the function of a strainer by the way? Money is not a massive issue I wouldn't mind spending for new pump and controller if it.were to solve my problem but then again I do not want to spend unnecessarily if it is something that can be sorted otherwise
It catches any muck that's in your tank before it gets in your pump
n4.jpg
they come with different fittings BTW.

So it looks like it is worth having. Is it very difficult to connect controller to.the sort of pump I have? I am thinking about buying controller first and see if that improves things with the flow as I believe it is worth having anyway and if it doesn't then buy a new pump. In the meantime I will struggle as I am with my weak flow as I just don't know what.to do anymore. Flow.controller analogue or.digital?

Re-reading your posts in this thread, the more I think about it the more I think your pump is the problem. Is it one of these?http://www.stakindustries.com.au/pro-pumps you say it's 5L and also you say it's 3L I think. Especially as you say it blew the hose off the pump too. Sounds like water is not getting through it but air. I'm no expert by any means, but I'd get a Shurflo, strainer and controller.

Yeah this is exactly the type of pump I have. When.you buy a pump and controller do you get instructions of how to connect it all together ? I think I could manage the pump as I assume the.connections are.identical to the pump I have . But I have no idea.about controllers. Either way Tuffers you are past a pint now if.we meet one day you will not.get home sober my friend /emoticons/smile.png

Tuffers the battery was shot! I thought before I.fork out 200 quid for.pump and controller I will check the charge of.the battery took it.to halfords for a test and I turned out it.doesn't hold.charge even tho I charge it to the.brim very quickly the charge.drops below nine. So I bought myself a.brand new leisure battery 85am for 50 quid connected it up and lo and behold the flow is back to normal :) I will probably invest in a controller anyway but I think will wait with the pump as this one seems to be doing.the job! Thanks Tuffers for bearing with a novice that pint is defo coming your way if.there is ever like a wibdowcleaningforum gathering some weekend in summer or something. Cheers mate! And the rest of you guys who offered advice

No worries you can have pint of anything you want. Another question : is normal car battery charger suitable for charging leisure batteries as well? I have a RAC battery charger for 12v batteries so I assume that should be no problem given it is 12v battery

I bought this pump http://www.thewatersite.co.uk/5L/Min_100PSI_Water_Fed_Pole_Window_Cleaning_Pump.html and this controller http://www.thewatersite.co.uk/Digital-Pressure-Pump-Controller.html . Tuffers I think you were right the pump has had it battery helped a bit but this morning went cleaning and there was nearly no water coming out and I have done all the remove the air blockages things you guys advised to do so I do not think it is that. Anyway tomorrow my new pump and controller arrive so hopefully that will be that and I can finally resume the cleaning coz I have not done a lot in the last week

Cheers mate. Do you think these pump and controller are good? I do not have a lot of experience with wfp so far if.I.am honest can do a.good.clean.but technical side.of things not.my.strongest /emoticons/wink.png

I thought you'd go for a Shurflo tbh. The controller looks like a Spring one (they make them, but re-package them for lots of wfp controller sellers). As long as it does the job, then it's a good un.

EDIT: how are you going to connect pump to tank / reel?

As I say I am not very technically minded I thought as the pump essentially looks very similar to the one I have now in terms of.connections I am going.to. reconnect it the same.way the old.one is.connected. you can.have a look on the pic earlier in the thread. I was hoping that should work right off the bat. Am.I.right or do I.need to do.something else ? Connecting the controller will be another.story as never had one but hopefully with.the.help of manual and.YouTube I.shall manage.somehow

You'll be fine connecting it all up. Do you have some crocodile clips, it might be worth nipping to your local auto centre to get some to rig the controller to the battery.

Back