Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is pump controller a must?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

muzza

Hi folks, just starting out with wfp and have a trolley system in van attached to hose reel, at the moment I don't have a pump controller, I'm just letting the pressure build up In the system when I turn the water off via my tap and this forces the pump to cut out. Should I really be looking to buy a pump controller with a dead end setting to stop the pump before the pressure builds up? If so, can anyone recommend one and if so are they quite straightforward to wire up?

Depends on your tank size in my opinion. I have a 1000L tank and run two pumps at 100psi and get a good 5-7 hours out of it. I just like to get the windows really wet making sure they are always 100% washed down!

Ive never used a pump controller in my life. I just use a pole hose tap. Turn pressure on / off and up and down with a little turn. Simple. Ive always done this and my pump is 3 year's old and still going strong.

I'm aware of a few changing over to the bigger 10 lpm pumps running full pelt so they can wash & rinse alot quicker. :rolleyes:

Depends on your tank size in my opinion. I have a 1000L tank and run two pumps at 100psi and get a good 5-7 hours out of it. I just like to get the windows really wet making sure they are always 100% washed down!

Back