Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No water through pump? PLEASE HELP!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you have systematically checked all fittings and water is drawing through before you connect the pole then if you are connecting to a extended pole and getting de then maybe you need to increase the cal on the controller. 

But also if you are using a hozelock water stop end fitting then these can become faulty and prevent free flow of water and give a de reading, Better not use water stop end fittings at all as these will cause issues at any point. 
Have cal at 99 and as this is brand new system fitting etc everything pointed to faulty pump I’m thinking at this stage the waiting for supplier to open shop at 9

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cal shouldn't be at 99 now without wanting to offend do you  know the difference between the cal and the flow rate from 0-99 and how to access and adjust the cal 

Looking through your previous posts i a guessing you have a hozelock stop end and are using a hozelock type hosetail on your pole soon as you connect you get de = knackered hozelock fitting, Your chosen fittings could very well be the issue and doubt the pump or controller are faulty so the supplier will have as much or as little idea as all of us on here . 

Thanks tried both seems to have done the trick pumping fine bit juddery at start pumping for ten minutes massive air lock I presume working itself right now thanks for all your help novice

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have a window washing system it's not pouring out water ti the prush I took the pump off and pipes it's all clean seems to be sucking water tlrather than blowing it into the brush and when doing so the water in the tank is bubbling I need help if someone would know what this means 

Try connecting the battery the other way round.

Sounds like polarity is reversed.

Actually don't if it has a digital controller then the hoses must be connected on the wrong sides of the pump.

I have a window washing system it's not pouring out water ti the prush I took the pump off and pipes it's all clean seems to be sucking water tlrather than blowing it into the brush and when doing so the water in the tank is bubbling I need help if someone would know what this means 
Have to got the pump's hoses connected the correct way? Shurflos have a direction arrow on the pump housing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

So I set up a DIY system in the back of my van. Shurflo 100 PSI pump and williamson pump controller. All equipment was second hand and the pump looked battered, but worked. It all worked fine for months (about 5) then the pump started doing some funny stuff, losing pressure, inconsistent pressure etc. Also it leaked in my van one night. Then one day turned it on and nothing, no water came out. Pump was running, but sounded lumpy, and could control it through the controller to turn it up and down but nothing came out. So after playing around with it decided the pump was knackered. I bought a brand new pump, Shurflo 100 PSI, and installed it today. Turned it on and nothing? The controller seems to be working fine, you can hear the pump going up and down through the levels, sounds much better than the old one. Its purring, but no water is coming out of it?

Very confused. Any ideas??
Firstly install an isolation ball valve between the tank and pump. Common sense will prevent water loss.

The pump has a diaphragm seals and pressure switch assembly. Anyone of those could be at fault. 

I wouldn't touch second hand kit with a barge pole.

Spend some time looking into how the system and it's components work and you'll have the basis operational understanding.

Being a window cleaner isn't just squinting water on glass.

You Really need a degree of the following skillsets 

Mechanical 

Electronic 

Plumbing 

Fault finding 

Back