Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Other Windys Priceing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

david247

hi all im starting to get my gear hopefully in the next few weeks as bills are getting beyond a joke.

any ways do you canvas another area if there a windy in the same street or do you leaflet while his is working.

and how do you charge per house or per window and the profit margins as well.

i know that many of you have this water fed system thats realy expensive and i couldnt afford that not in the short or even the next five months like iv said bills are racking up.

can any one help ?????

It's one of those how long is a piece of string questions mate, I price at how long I think it will take and as long as I don't make less than 12 quid an hour I'm ok but aim for 15-20 if I can get it. As for the other windie I won't undercut someone else knowingly but yeah I'll look for work where's there is another bloke although I'd guess if he covered most of an area the flyers would do didly squat.

Ha ha dave I see your still looking at window cleaning .

I did offer and my offer is still there but if you don't want the help then that's fair enough !

But with regards to pricing I know for a fact you will struggle at first as you will definitely underprice .

Canvass anywhere and everywhere, no1 owns a patch/street and if they are not doing a house that's their own fault!

You can usually tell if people have a window cleaner before you knock their door, sometimes Iv got right up to the door, noticed the windows spotless and just turned and walked away.

Pricing varies from cleaner to cleaner.. You shod really take gavs offer for help!

Also, you should look into start a business program's, where you can get grants/loans and lots of info and help. Plus if your on the dole you could ask for help with ££ for starting up?

Nothing wrong with working from ladders.. But a wfp set up either van mount, backpack or trolley is great to add to your business

canvass where u want and leaflet where u want

some areas will be a big hit and some areas will be a big hit

you will have bad days and good days

its part of the game

wow thanks guys but that doesn't relay give me a pricing tip i was thinking ten quid for a three bedroom house that has ten windows one bay window and two upvc doors

or would that be two cheap

Work it out on a quid a window (or door), ya in the ballpark. Like I said I price how long I think it will take for maintenance cleans and I'd put that no more than 30 minutes so a tenner would be ok, some will say thats too cheap though. Size of those windows would be a factor as well.

Work it out on a quid a window (or door), ya in the ballpark. Like I said I price how long I think it will take for maintenance cleans and I'd put that no more than 30 minutes so a tenner would be ok, some will say thats too cheap though. Size of those windows would be a factor as well.

maintenance cleans what are those i mean how often

All cleans after the initial first clean I call a maintenance clean, I think thats what everyone else means by it lol.

Back