Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help choosing first WFP setup.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amos

Planning on getting wfp system this month, just got my tds meter checked my water 325 is that bad and what system would be best for the water here guys ? I live in Weybridge Surrey . Thanks for any help as being such a novice it's doing my head in !!!!

Tds that high you need an ro as di only you would be eating through resin and costing you a fortune

You should still use a di after the ro or it won't be 000

I get mine to 3 or 4 with just ro and don't use di but i am confident in my work

As you are new and don't know the make up of your water (some people can use over 10 and be fine others get spotting with just 2 due to water make up) i would definitely run it through a di

Cheers daveyboy I'm going to baileys wfp lets have you heard of them ? Thanks for the information very helpful

I'm Brighton based with a similar ppm (290-300)

Personally just go for a triple DI vessel set up.

So fill tank with tap water - pump - DI 3 (oldest resin) - DI 2 (less old resin!) DI 1 (new resin) - hose.

As soon as DI 1 goes above 000ppm I take out DI 3, fill it with new and move the others down (2 is now the oldest resin etc)

I go through around 1 1/2 bags a month.

V easy and quick to fill up and crack on with work so suits me well.

All the best with the new set up (whichever one you choose)

allien i think that is great idea, not just the resin your saving but also the water i,m RO with the di fitted but the waste water ratio

is totally over the top all that water down the drain not the best.

this could be option

Cheers Duncs.

Winpro and SPC had been using the system for a long time before & helped me when choosing to set my system up that way.

Alien human out of curiosity how many litres of pure a month do you get from the bag and a half of resin ? Cheers mate

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
Hey Dan - ive never been great at calculating water usage mate but roughly speaking I go through around 300 litres per day and work around 23 days per month so that works out at 6900L per month.

Cheers daveyboy I'm going to baileys wfp lets have you heard of them ? Thanks for the information very helpful
I've just brought a baileys system last weekend.. I live In a very hard water area & have the RO & Di as needed it.. Joe is a good guy & he's there for any help you need.. The vans are fully serviced.. I traveled a long way to pick collect it but I think it was worth it. Good luck

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Cheers Matt been speaking to him he is very nice I'm going up Saturday from Surrey , cheers mate .

I'm Brighton based with a similar ppm (290-300)
Personally just go for a triple DI vessel set up.

So fill tank with tap water - pump - DI 3 (oldest resin) - DI 2 (less old resin!) DI 1 (new resin) - hose.

As soon as DI 1 goes above 000ppm I take out DI 3, fill it with new and move the others down (2 is now the oldest resin etc)

I go through around 1 1/2 bags a month.

V easy and quick to fill up and crack on with work so suits me well.

All the best with the new set up (whichever one you choose)
Wow, I'm really surprised to here you get through a bag and a half every month! I hope your getting the money back in mate. All told I'm small fry atm but I make a bag last me 3 months. Probably because I try to use as much rain water as possible and my tap water is 100ppm. where are you based alien?

Latest Posts

Back