Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

woo, I must be cheap!

G

There is this franchise cleaning company around me, they do window cleaning, think I see them once around, but they ranked petty high on google.

I bet you cannot guess the price... they quoted me.

I asked for a quote for this: 12 normal windows which two are bay windows and two of the windows on back are on the third floor. I asked for one off and monthly.

Two bays, one window and a door on front side. Door and three small on side. Back two on ground, two on 1st floor, two on top floor. Nothing major!

Say a price I bet you wont guess it, either that or im super cheap!

For first clean and then monthly..

£76 first clean then £69... I said are you sure, he said yes that's the best we can do.

I really couldn't see anyone ever paying that.

For me I would have said £25 first time then £20 after, so I think I was cheap lol.

They must get enough to stay in biz! Nice work if you can get it, but we'd be waiting a long time for those kind of pay days

they probably get more one off then regular I would imagine.
there is a guy round my way that prices like this, if you wonna do this then you gotta target up market clients.

100k+ income

Not the sub human scum that knocks you £13 for a flat who has not got a pot to pi$$ in.

£700-£1000 a year to keep your property looking sharp is not bad if you can afford it.

Its the people with champagne taste and beer money you gotta weed out.

Its only expensive if you cant afford something.

That does sound alot, but it does depend entirely on where you live? I'd be half that too, but some people just don't know better or care about price if they have enough money, infact some people 'want' to pay more as they think they are getting a better service. We need 3 x as much work as them. Still I am much happier there are companies out there increases the trades prices, rather than bringing it down to pennies as shown in another thread!

to push the price up the limit of acceptability in the given demographic, if we could nail that... We'd be happy folk, and probably good poker players /emoticons/biggrin.png

tbh were i live i avoid the 100k a year ***** .. as theyr the ones who knock u as most no

its the working class who pay u on time or r at the door to pay u before u even start

i wold rather do 10 x10 pound houses over a big dear house any day

@matt18 SUB HUMAN SCUM ??? that is a awful phrase sir

Yes, I think your right that they keep prices high is good for us. Didn't think of it that way.

there seems to be 2 ways of working in this industry, 1- the regular round,where the price is set early on and never changes much

2- one off type cleaning, usually focus is on cleaning inside offices with buffer ,the mrs mop with as mr mop available to do the windows. i know of several of these firms, they always quote high for windows, good luck to them

on a side note i used to clean windows at the home of one of the biggest domestic cleaning franchises in EAST anglia. this lady had never cleaned herself .

what was amazing was her house was a right tip ,the worst , outside the scorched garden was littered with dog plop with a low sunlounger perched in the middle [where i imagined she relaxed] .She also sounds off everyday on local radio as an agony aunt/watchdog guru ,really sounds lovely but resembles pat butcher

Last edited:
I just priced one at £25 first clean £15 normal and probs got more windows....

yep I got it...probs be moaning on here about it next week..:rofl:

its okay as cheapie never feckin swears.

Just priced a new one....said she didn't want a regular clean (which I'd do for about £16) as her kids are always booting muddy footballs against the back of the house...I'm not really interested in one offs so quoted £40 which she accepted...reckon I might be able to persuade her to do the front on the six weekly as its a bit 'keeping up appearances' in that road.

Why is it always so hard to come to 1 conclusion. Op would only quote a third of the price on his own house so #1 really it's not about the area and #2 he didn't say he lived in a mansion and earned 100k + so they're not quoting high cos they think he can afford it. #3 £7 more where'd they pluck that figure from lol oh and #4 anyone sticking up for em wants to hope they don't knock ya frail old grans door ey.

tbh were i live i avoid the 100k a year ***** .. as theyr the ones who knock u as most no
its the working class who pay u on time or r at the door to pay u before u even start

i wold rather do 10 x10 pound houses over a big dear house any day

@matt18 SUB HUMAN SCUM ??? that is a awful phrase sir
Apologies for rude post, but just telling you how it is, I cant think of anything better to describe a thief.

cheapie just enjoyed meet the fockers...

now come on gav...ya cant put that on your list...

Gaylord Myron "Greg" Focker

he cant help his name...:rofl:

dont mind firms quoting high prices as it helps us to up ours and we still look reasonable../emoticons/biggrin.png

time for bond again...everynight now...naff all else on..

Back