Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customers cancelling during winter months

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nearlyclean

I just read this article about morrisons reducing their window cleaning in winter months

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10504671/Morrisons-cancels-window-cleaning-as-it-battles-declining-sales.html

I know myself when a customer has says in october "can we leave it till march" or "can you come every other month through winter" I have had to bit my lip. But a national company doing this, hope none of my customers read this and think its a good idea. Don't think reducing their window cleaning bill will combat declining sales either

I'm guessing these are people not on a comfortable living wage & are opting for paying for heating instead.

E

I'm guessing these are people not on a comfortable living wage & are opting for paying for heating instead.
xactly right. There not worried about your bills. They think of themselves & there family as I would.

Do

I drop customers like these in an instant, do they think my bills stop coming in during winter?
do you think they sit there and say we're a bit short with Xmas coming up but we won't stop the window cleaner as he has bills to pay. I have there custom all year & if I have to miss 1 clean its not the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dodo you think they sit there and say we're a bit short with Xmas coming up but we won't stop the window cleaner as he has bills to pay. I have there custom all year & if I have to miss 1 clean its not the end of the world.
I'm not interested in their financial situation, I'm interested in mine. I want and only keep reliable customers who pay on time, don't drop months when they feel like it and are good for my business.

i have a 3 strike rule turn me away 3 times in a row 4 no good resion an ur off the list i dont mind if there going away an wana miss the odd clean i wrk on a 6 weekly syclen or if they pefer 12 weekly thats fine i dont do every 3rd time tho makes things to complacated all i ask of my custmers is to b relible to me as i am to them simple as that realy

Had a text off one tonight. She's 8 weekly. Wants me to clean tomorrow and return end of March. Like wtf, she's going to miss something like 6 weeks above the normal schedule. What's the point, as I'll probably get behind anyway when the Winter arrives.

I'm not interested in their financial situation, I'm interested in mine. I want and only keep reliable customers who pay on time, don't drop months when they ouldnt we feel like it and are good for my business.
Wouldn't we all. But after a while I know roughly what ones are prob going to stop & plan for it. If they don't its a bonus & as Tuffers said you probably get behind in winter anyway. Each to there own I suppose. I just wouldn't get rid of someone coz they miss 1 clean over winter or at the most 2 especially when I can't guarantee them ill be on time over winter coz of the weather.

Think Morrison is having a tough time. Probably costs them £50 a month per store. When they are turning over a per store a week, I just can't work out how it would make a difference.

I suppose with domestic work could still get by if 25% stopped in winter, with less daylight hours and weather

Believe me it's not 25%. I have roundabout 400 customers & I'm talking about 10 of them stop for winter. And each year it's more all less the same ones.

Yeah morrisons must be feeling the pinch having to she'll out £50 a month. My heart bleeds for them lol

morrisons in my town have been extending there store, the project has been going on since the summer its is now massive

imagine how much cash they are taking per day.

whats £50 eh!! hungers the store is busy all the time

My mate works for Morrisons, and the money they make in store is eye watering.

If they can open stores down south at the rate they have been, then the window cleaning thing is ********.

If a customer asks me to stop or wants alternate months during winter then i say NO.

It's the same old story, their always the fussy ones, that give you grief all year round.

98% of my customers have got their heads screwed on right, which makes for plain sailing most of the time.

rs2315

best to get rid , if somebody asks you to miss em out . i find fresh work
The best thing to do is .If you have many customers is to replace them and because we have a longer day in summer you can still do these on an ad hock fashion as time is available to you.

The best thing to do is .If you have many customers is to replace them and because we have a longer day in summer you can still do these on an ad hock fashion as time is available to you.
i wont ever go back to a customer once dropped- besides if you do go back youre then taking on a lame duck ,this duck will stop you from taking on a newer and more pleasant type of customer

make sure your workers ,if you have any,are aware of this in case theyre approached by an "ex"

Back