Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds levels.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bins2010

So I've installed my new in line tds meter.

The start is 330ppm. After the filters and then the ro the reading is 20ppm and after the di the reading is 1ppm but i last changed my reason in sept. Do these figures sound about right?

Thanks.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Depends on how much you run since september , but imo it shouldt have crawled up to 1 ppm yet . Its also a matter of how Big a DI vessel you got ? Mine is 11l and i go from 20 to 0 at least 6 months ..

i changed my resin in a11l di after 3 months in dec., had only started wfp in sep so wasn't using that much water and was disappointed how long it lasted changed it at 1ppm on boxing day,, after ro was coming out a 9 ppm.... so put it down to tds creep.....so have addressed that. have you??

That shows an efficiency of 94%. Depending on what r/o you have that may be OK or not OK.

If you have a PRF then that's all that you will get. If you have a 4040, 4021 or a RoMan type r/o that's membrane changing time unless there are extenuating circumstances, ie low water pressure. These r/o's should run at between 97 and 98% efficiency ( 10 to 7 ppm.)

I take it you have let your r/o run for a while to settle in and not taken a reading immediately.

4 months since resin change at 20ppm. Mine lasts a year at 2ppm, but I'm presuming we are using more water than you are with 2 cleaners.

Look at Gardiner's resin calculator.

Back