Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Belts/pouches/bags.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bingo

Been looking about for a belt, bag/pouch, BOAB etc.

The WinSpray looks like a good belt, but can you fit other makes of pouches, bags etc on the belt as the WinSpray is wider than other belts.

Some of these bags look huge, do they hinder/get in the way while working?

What does everyone use/prefer.........do I need a pouch AND a bag?

Would a BOAB be better than just a holster for squeegy's......(BOAB looks a bit clumsy to me, but what do I know :wacko:).

I don't want to end up looking like that guy in the Unger advert for the 'Ergo Tec Belt System' thingy /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png .

I'm not long started, I have a ettiore boab,unger pouch holds scrim and microfibre, scraper, mobile, I have a ted Hardy belt this all fits onto,oh the pouch has a loop at the bottom I hang my 6 inch squeegee through it

I got an old belt and put on my own clasps, made my own pockets out of old denim and lined both with waterproofing (old nightclub banner lol). Also made a holster for my litre bottle. Works for me and added bonus I can make em exact size I like.

i have had the winspray pouch and belt for the last 4 years very good the belts last 6 months and the pouch 1 year if you use it every day like it did

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheers guys.

With all these things hanging off a belt, does anyone find that they get in the way while working....or do you just get used to it.

I think I'd feel a bit clumsy with so much attached to me working in confined spaces :huh: .

Cheers guys.

With all these things hanging off a belt, does anyone find that they get in the way while working....or do you just get used to it.

I think I'd feel a bit clumsy with so much attached to me working in confined spaces :huh: .
Don't know about anyone else but I got a lot on mine, boab, soab, holster for litre bottle and 2 pouches but they at side and back so no not clumsy at all. Kips got it goin on though.

I like a bucket on a belt and a litre bottle so I don't have to keep going over to my bucket. On storefront I like to leave the bucket outside. I like to wear the BOAB a little bit behind the side of your leg to minimize it bouncing around when I walk.

PS

Wearing the BOAB alittle bit back on my side helps when I squat or lift my leg to step onto a roof. The BOAB will hang vertically on the back side of my hip and not spill.

Unger BOAB, green standard unger pouches, and plain belt (without loops) for the unger pouches. Have used these from the get go, and never had any problems with them.

aboutusheader.jpg

I would definitely recommend using a BOAB.

In my pouches I manage to fit:

shoes covers, pens, business cards, short extension handle, glass scraper, and phone. Oh and scrims! so plenty of room in them.

Personally I think the grey unger belt system is very OTT. IMO you don't want to be like a pack horse, and light weight is a good thing.

One downfall about a boab is my trouser leg ALWAYS gets wet where I put the applicator in :-(
try ringing your app out before you put it in the boab, my leg never gets wet, thats the whole point of using a boab

I use the green unger ergotec pockets, the Ninja BOAB and a Winspay belt. I used to use a leather belt but found it uncomfortable with long periods of use. The winspray belt is just right and seems to support your back whilst handling the weight of the pockets/boab comfortably. Because its fastens by way of a Velcro strap, you can get the perfect fit every time.

I wear these scruffs trousers when I work - http://www.ebay.co.u...bcb88003&_uhb=1 - and I just put an unger microfibre in my right pocket and an unger sill cloth microfibre in the other, clip on an ettore BOAB and away I go, that's it. Nice and simple. Used to use all the pouches and etc etc but have managed to cut it all back and this is all I need now..
Dont your legs get wet when wiping cills with the cloth

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back