Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Non Payers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

On average, how many non payers do you get a week?

I was thinking that a way to avoid this would be....

Once I finish a job, I fill in a little business sized card that states the date I did work, what I did, price, when I'll be collecting, option to pay via PayPal with my PayPal address on there and finally at the bottom, it would say something like for every week you miss a payment a surcharge of £1 will be incurred.

And then pop that through their letter box, or hand it to them if there in?

What do you guys think?

Yer i will but I heard ppl saying their customers query that you even done the job etc do figured if you pop it through then it's proof u done it and also stops people using the excuse " sorry ain't got the money on me" etc

I wouldn't use the surcharge £1 bit. What if there on holiday or have had a family crisis. End of the day we all forget things like bill & phoning people back & I think by putting that & doing that will cheese people off & there go elsewhere. We all get non payers but most pay up in the end but if they don't you usually have to bite the bullet I'm afraid. A few eggs at the window helps the frustration lol. That's just my opionion. If you really wanted to do this I would give them longer then a week.

what i do is do the windows then ive got a slip with the date and time on it and my info then i call around teatime on the same day works for me

When ive cleaned i put a cadr through saying windows cleaned we will call back at so and so time /emoticons/smile.png so when ive cleaend i drive around back later at 8pm /emoticons/smile.png and collect alll the money

Plus im scrapping this in 2 months time /emoticons/smile.png Im going to just colelct 2 days a week instead

and... mostly customerss always be in... but u always get 1,2 people who alre always out /emoticons/tongue.png

but today /emoticons/wacko.png like 6 customers were out /emoticons/wacko.png which was very strange lol so came hope kind of empty handed comapred to normal /emoticons/tongue.png

but its all good

When I was doing this before. I'd ring round all mine night or two before, let know I'm down and to leave gate unlocked. Tell them to stick money in old envelope and celotape to glass on top window, and I collect when I'm up there (I'm trad) . All custies are fine with it and saves me having to collect. Only takes 20-30 mins to book in following days work and no driving round to collect. some stick under a rock or in the bbq. Rarely got some one who didn't pay and most say I can go get it when ever. I just leave till next month.

I think the secret to building a good round is to get the customers to know you and to like you.

Thats why adding a pound to their bill is not a good idea.

No worries, I think I'll do the standard card through with the day of collection. Only thought Bout the £1 thing as someone mentioned on another post that they do it and rarely get miss payments.

Thanks for your help guys.

What forms of payment do you accept??

Cheers

Dave

Back