Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Introduction

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave Bass

Afternoon lads & lasses,

Just getting back to work after a motorbike accident last year!! Slowly finding my brave boots up a ladder again, lol.

I run a little FM business in Kent, so we cover all aspects of cleaning & maintenance, mostly commercial but a few domestics to keep is ticking over (windows, carpets and ovens mostly)

Looking forward to chatting to a few of you.

I'm going to be after a double 'A' frame ladder if anyone's got one to sell, using a standard 3m double with stand off at the moment but it's a bit uncomfortable

Dave

Sadly true mate,

With a baby on the way too it's freaked the missus out so I'm confined to the track for the foreseeable future, oh well /emoticons/wink.png

My last bike was a wee babyblade

After it was spanked a couple of times i sorted it out as a track bike and did that for a while

Not had a bike for 10 years ish now

Missing it lately

I am contemplating getting another crosser and having some fun

The rm80 in the shed is a bit small for me but good fun

Keeping it for my son to have a laugh on

I did get the nickname "powerband Dave" when i was younger lol

Welcome to the party bud . I had a RD 125 many moons ago . Boy it flew
I had an RD200 /emoticons/smile.png. My fave stunt was to wheelie it off the lights :thumbsup: but sometimes the chain came off and snagged round the back cog and would throw me off :thumbsdown:

The tzr powervalve was supposed to be fixed in place but i knocked the locking pin out and spot welded a 10 mil spanner to the bolt

Easy to pull off the lights on the back wheel then reach round fairing to open valve up for top end speed

Ohhh motorbike talk!

Started on a DT50, then had a AR50 with an 80 motor in it, followed by a AR125, then passed my test and got an RD250!

Since then had everything from an original 1985 GSXR 750 to hayabusa. Recently though my left knee is completely shagged and find it impossible to ride sportsbikes, so recently sold a RSV mille and got myself a cruiser, VN800, having never ridden a cruiser before didn't know what to expect, but i'll be honest I am really enjoying it, it handles way better than I ever expected and while not sportsbike quick of coarse it still doesn't hang around and can cruise all day long at 80-90mph.

Not been without a bike since I was 16.

I didn't fall off my 125 , BUT I fell off my little moped when I was sweet 16 It bloody hurt ... I was perving at the beach ... What a plonker. Went home with my tail between my legs

Last edited by a moderator:
TZR125 was easy, just turn the powervalve 90 degress and its full power /emoticons/smile.png
The powervalve when almost completely closed was all torque but need to open it up to get higher top end

If you looked inside while it was working you would see it is basically a metal valve that widens or narrows the bore of the exhaust manifold

Last edited by a moderator:
must tell the lad about that powervalve trick daveyboy

ya lookin so cooooooool in that last pic sp.../emoticons/biggrin.png

only been on a bike twice in my life....

first time was my mates puch 50 which I stripped and rebuilt and it still worked ...so as a tester I thought I will just nip around the block...and of course ...got caught by a bobby on his way home...the chances of that...

the second was in malta.....best not remember too much about that...I do remember throwing it on the floor cause I didnt know what to do with it ..

me likes four wheels ...and after watching car crash tv tonight...

I can see why.../emoticons/biggrin.png

used to love that chips tv programme...california highway patrol...me thinks..

Back