Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As well as look at the specs of each van, test drive a few as well Peter.

I ended up going for the rear wheel drive and a slightly bigger engine 2.5 (than some other makes in the same category).

Richard

Rear wheel drive /emoticons/ohmy.png that must be nasty in a wet winter with a rear wheel drive and weight in the rear lol

Transit looks nice mate, check for rust on arches and bottom of doors, make sure she is way to start from cold, make sure no loud tapping/knocking, no excessive white smoke, and when test driving, try every gear fairly hard (at least 2000rpm ) and make sure

It doesn't go I to limp mode...

Think that's all the checks you need /emoticons/smile.png

Just be careful on roundabouts, so far only had to steer into the slide 2 times since I’ve had the van /emoticons/biggrin.png . Usually because of slippery surface and too much power, water tank was almost empty both times it happened.

Richard

Trafic/vivaro/primastar. You can't beat them for the money.

Mine's going in for it's 150,000 mile service today and that'll probably be the last time it costs me anything until the next service.

Trafic/vivaro/primastar. You can't beat them for the money.Mine's going in for it's 150,000 mile service today and that'll probably be the last time it costs me anything until the next service.
Me too. I have the vivaro, you get people knocking them, but all vehicles have issues. One good thing about the vivaro, they don't rust! Had an issue with the clutch nipple which I got fixed, apart from the van has been great.
Transits have a good write up too! Never driven one so can't comment apart from what I have read.

I also have a traffic great vans apart from the last couple of days the electric window keeps sticking lol

I've decided I'm Gona buy all my vans as write offs and repair them myself and get my mate to paint, its so much cheaper, its the same way we buy are cars lol

you should know i dont smoke in the van as i sugggested you to intell cig lol..it is electrical if i leave it a bit turn it on again it works again sometimes i will take it in the garage at the weekend

Trafic/vivaro/primastar. You can't beat them for the money.Mine's going in for it's 150,000 mile service today and that'll probably be the last time it costs me anything until the next service.
Is that from new

Lol o yer (ps its frikin amazing, not touched one, not wanted one...nothing lol)

Ok well do you still

Open the window a lot from when you used to years back?

That's what normally does it, the runners and motor in the door wear out (they come as one normally)

You can get em on eBay for about £20 for most fords, imagine yours would be about the same price ....

Lol o yer (ps its frikin amazing, not touched one, not wanted one...nothing lol)
Ok well do you still

Open the window a lot from when you used to years back?

That's what normally does it, the runners and motor in the door wear out (they come as one normally)

You can get em on eBay for about £20 for most fords, imagine yours would be about the same price ....
thats what i think

I've decided I'm Gona buy all my vans as write offs and repair them myself and get my mate to paint, its so much cheaper, its the same way we buy are cars lol
People do this for a living mate very good

Is that from new
No, I bought it four years ago when I started my business. It's an 05 plate and had 113,000 on the clock.

I get it serviced every 10,000 miles and it's also had a new alternator and gear cables but that's all apart from mirror glasses which get damaged because a lot if my work is rural and country lanes are quite narrow.

i thought most write-offs are write-offs because it would cost more to repair them then they are worth, or because the damage to the main chassis is not safely fixable? could be wrong tho

Back