Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders cleans

It means getting off all the shite the builders have splashed all over the windows. Plaster, paint, silicone, putty......they take a lot longer to clean than a maintenance clean, so price accordingly.

I have some before and after pics of my last one if you want to see them.

so its easy to scratch or end up scraping something, you would have to be carefull then. they can easilly put the blame on you if something is not as it should be.

may be too much hassle.

ive got the show home windows evert week, gutters and facias to keep clean.

i think this is sufficient enough without all the grief builders cleans can cause if ought went wrong

I have seen some right scratchy messes been left by so called builders cleaners too....one house you could see where the sticker had been and the silly woman didnt seem to see them...

I had one sales cabin and it had cling film all over so I thought about time they did that....but what ever they stuck it on with had nicely cooked in the sun and that was two hours of my life I wont repeat...and that was just about six windows...BORING....

as for the stickers...really...in this day and age...I wish they would wake up but nope they dinna care....

I just dont want it...I will just give smurfs number.../emoticons/biggrin.png

All depends if you use a lot of soapy water fresh blades and a good scraper you should be ok doubtful that you will scratch anything and if you notice and damage to the glass then tell the customer before you clean that particular pane. Good thing is you can charge through the roof and they will gladly pay to get the s**t off and the clever customers charge it back to the builders to really don't give a s**t but if you have enough easy work and don't need the headaches then scrap it...your choice!

Sometimes it`s better to use professional after builders cleaning service. The mess, left by the builders, needs a general and deep cleaning and that will definitely exhaust and squeeze your last saved energy and power. The main activities that are included into the after builders cleaning pack are: scrubbing the hard stains and dirtiness on the surfaces; wiping the sleek surfaces, the flooring, and the working areas of the building process; polishing the surfaces and the furniture; deliming and de-scaling bathroom and kitchen; tiles and grout full cleaning; deep floor and stairs cleaning; stain removals from the ceiling and furniture.

its all exterior cleaning, windows frames, gutter facias, garage doors etc, show rooms x 3 = i x weekly, i x 2 weekly, then a sparkle clean before new owners move into house. been told i will have to do them when called to do so.

its a way to get to know when new people are due to move into new builds,

need to comfirm and price tomorrow.

dont want to under price or over price.

ill give a price then go from there they do the inner cleaning, just need me to do outsides of house.

it would be great exposure for me. especially when new buyers see me on site ,

a face and name to trust.

some window cleaners who do builders cleans do have more chances of getting customers who move in to them but as others have said builders window cleans is messy work and your more likely to get new customers after. so just depends if your willing to deal with the dirt left over from the builders. I have a customer she moved in to a new build last month while the builders are still fitting out other houses on the site. going to keep an eye out for buyers moving in then post a leaflet in there letterbox it wont do no harm plus it saves them looking for a window cleaner

I have been cleaning for a big house builders on two massive sites- some days can be gruelling - spending hours on a couple of windows and the clean up at end of day is a big one - I enjoy it as I am weird . And I charge day rate so no rush View attachment 5513

You def need solvent cleaner as well as a scraper - it melts any marks away and no risk of scratching . You may need hi vis and hard hat etc too if work ongoing -

Going to drop in tomorrow to a new build supported living place that's nearly finished and ask if they want a builders clean before the residents move in, believe it's part local authority. What's the going rate for a builders clean, like to have as much ammo as possible when quoting.

Going to drop in tomorrow to a new build supported living place that's nearly finished and ask if they want a builders clean before the residents move in, believe it's part local authority. What's the going rate for a builders clean, like to have as much ammo as possible when quoting.
I've been wondering about the rate too- some of the other guys on site may be on less than you want

You have to think what would the van be earning elsewhere

Then add on extra for materials as builders cleans use more of our gear

I been charging good day rate plus fuel plus materials and not been a problem so far ...

4 x what you would normally charge per pane of glass and that is usually too cheap. The last one I did was for about 15 patio doors in and out. I charged them a ton and I still made less than I would on maintenance cleaning. They ain't worth it unless you have time to do them IMO.

Latest Posts

Back