Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie possible window man

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rumley1993

Hi guys my names George I'm from Didcot in Oxfordshire I'm 22 now and I'm looking at getting into window cleaning it been looking at trolly systems as possibly the best way to start out ? Any suggestons would be greatful not quite sure how to outright the water though some systems have it all in one or should I purify it before use as I say suggestons would help a lot hopefully il be around a lot more /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks buddy and i did think about traditional but I just though to get me up and running wfp would be best and faster so if I can get 2-3 in the same area quick and easy money

Hi. Even if you do go ahead wfp, you'll still need to learn to trad. Means you can do insides and other jobs where it's easier then with wfp

Newbie starting out with wfp hoping for quick and easy money ! Look on the thread "going to the dark side" hope your not going to be a candidate for A.

Imo learn to trad first. But good luck which ever way you jump.

I don't see why you need to start trad. It's not essential at all. Also I've never come across a window that can't be cleaned by wfp.

Yes it's a good skill to have for insides or back up but there's no need to spend a year doing it first like it's some sort of rite of passage.

I have trad gear and I taught myself to trad to a reasonable standard in an hour. Yiu could learn it in 10 minutes if you just used sttaight pulls. Granted to get good and fast would take a lot longer but since I only ever use it very rarely (maybe half a dozen times) it's not essential you get super quick.

I think most who have traded for any length of time and switched to wfp will say it's quicker and earns them more dough. So imo don't waste your time messing about with trad, buy the gear by all means and have a go but use it as a backup. Like it or not ladders and trad is old school there's quicker, safer ways to clean windows so embrace the technology.

Also I've never come across a window that can't be cleaned by wfp
Well last year when we were awarded the builders clean on the Grand Centeal project at New Street in Birmingham every last inch of that had to be done trad, no WFP allowed on site at all.

Six weeks 9 lads 8 hour shifts 24 hours per day. That's a lot of trad.

You can start out however you kike mate. It's all personal preference and whilst WFP is a touch quicker if you are just getting going then you dont have the client base to make such a noticable difference to your day.

If I were starting fresh and had the time to spend on each job I think I would trad just to hone skills and confidence, ir's only when days are so full and you can't take more work that going WFP will show time saving benefits.

Starting trad less than £200

Starting WFP??? Sky's the limit.

I am WFP by the way. Just offering my opinion.

Hi mate welcome to the forum. I guess it depends on your budget to a large extent but if its right start on trad so your learning and have the time while your building up your rounds and then once you have some cash on the hip you can add wfp. Also not saying you won't but if you start trad and realise the job ain't for you there's not much lost. If you do go into wfp straight away though its not that expensive a back pack and pole which you can upgrade later ain't that much. I would suggest if you have a supplier locally you can buy your pure till you are up and running and think about purifying at home or in van later on.

Oh yeah most importantly go out knocking doors asap so you have a few customers to start with! If you aint got any Windows to clean it doesn't matter if your trad or wfp /emoticons/smile.png

if ur going waterfed you want to look on ebay.theres always plenty of secondhand stuff on sale by losers who have tried n failed its a known fact not many make a proper go of it

Back