Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need help on a quote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

paulm

Hi guys . Is there anyone who would be kind enough to help me with quote . If so can you private message me please

I have around 300 windows 7ft x 3ft on a 3 storey building to quote for all to be done WFP .

Thanks Matt . 90% can be done from a flat roof . The remaining 10% or so from a scissor lift or similar

Domestic or Commercial?

One off,Regular or Builders clean?

Easy access and parking?

Do you need to pay for mewp's?

There are loads of factors to take in when pricing work which is why so many get it wrong.

No one can give you an honest answer with out seeing it and every ones price will be different for example

window cleaner A

Just started out really needs and wants the job not much experience £150

window cleaner b

experienced window cleaner does need the work and wants it £475

window cleaner c

experienced well established does"t need and doesn't want it £1000

so with such vague info you won"t get the best answer.

Hi cghwindowcleaning . Its commercial with no access or parking issues . And its to be priced as a one off .

Its a leisure chain and hotel .

Externally not been cleaned in around 3 years . Access is only from a flat roof 15ft up which covers the complex

One thing to consider is working from a flat roof.

I take it you will climb up on to the roof with pole and then clean from there.

If you are working for long periods of time within 2 metres from the edge you need to have(or should) have a grab rail in place especially if your focus is on above.

One thing to consider is working from a flat roof.I take it you will climb up on to the roof with pole and then clean from there.

If you are working for long periods of time within 2 metres from the edge you need to have(or should) have a grab rail in place especially if your focus is on above.
This is such an important point. For H&S there has to be some form of passive fall arrest system in place. I'm not even sure the 2 meter rule marked off with a painted line is acceptable for long working periods. (Short term is minutes rather than hours.)

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg284.pdf

See pages 9 - 13

Someone won't bother until there's an accident and then the drama with H&S will begin. Not that the window cleaner will care if he's still alive; he will just go bankrupt.

What happens if you put your foot through the flat roof?

I'm sure most of the top companies will employ/hire the services of a cherry picker with driver if you don't have a IPAF certificate.

The Various types of Cherry Picker Explained

Chances are you won't get the job as it will be all about money (they haven't been cleaned for 3 years).

If you don't then it wasn't worth chasing anyway.

I don't know how long you have been window cleaning but your post/question indicates that this is new to you. Companies like this look for small business owners who don't know 'the ropes' hoping to get a low price. They don't realise that they are just as accountable to H&S as you are.

We had a business ask for a quote. Once we produced a valid liability insurance they weren't bothered how we did the job. We got that job, but our Risk and Method statement included in our quote covered all the bases they should have had in place to begin with. In fact after the first clean, we rewrote it as we came across things in practice we hadn't seen or considered before quoting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys all the above was taken into account prior to me posting . Thanks for your input

Thanks guys all the above was taken into account prior to me posting . Thanks for your input
Now I am confused. :confused: If all the above was taken into account before you posted, why did you post in the first place?

I was looking for a guide for a price per window . I have not quoted for commercial type work before and iam fully aware of h&s regs etc . Hence the title .'i need help on a quote'

Back