Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

OK YOU VAN MOUNT GUYS WIN!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Ok so had 1st cleans today on 3, 6 bed detached houses. Alot alot alot glass and upvc.

I'm only backpack and my goodness it nearly killed me keep fulling up and running out etc plus tangled hose etc ect.

I currently have a 350 ltr tank in the van. What do I need to go van mount. Honestly lost a good 45 minutes filling up today. Pain in the butt.

Hose reel and hose. Where from?

A pump ?

What else

Cheers guys

DI Vessel maybe , my RO ends at 15 PPM , then i polish the rest Down to 0 in van . I Saw windowcleaning warehouse had some streamboxes Like the one me and my buddy build Our self . Pretty fair Price too .. Just hook it up to between tank and reel and go .. :thumbsup:

Van mount and backpack both have advantages and disadvantages

More water on tap is good with van mount for new cleans but hose management is a lot easier with a backpack

Back pack is great and has its place no doubt.

Tomorrow I have 4 terraced houses in a row. All 1st cleans there rank.

The road is about 30 meters away from the first house. Just a pain refilling on this sort of stuff.

You need an outlet from the tank to the pump inlet. Then pump outlet to reel. Flow controller to work pump.

Check youtube. Loads of how to on there.

Also if you getting hose I advise 6mm. I have been on 6mm the past 3 months and found it snags and drags on corners and junk a hell of a lot less than 8mm.

Good luck

I've decided I'm going to just get a hose reel and sack truck.

Think I'll order

Exceeds 30m blue hose

Wilkos hosereel

Stage 1 tubeless kit exceed

Univalve.

Just not overly sure which connections ill need for the reel etc.

Also is exceeds postage always £8.95 regardless of order ?

Does the tank just plug into the pump then pump to reel ?
I really have no idea sorry.

That's part of why I just went backpack.

Thanks
Right ! That box is similar to mine , hose in from tank , hose Out to reel .. Mine even says "in" "Out " coz im a dummy

How do you get on with the WFP on a first clean?... I'm still WFP backpacking the upstairs and tradding to ground floors but when I do first cleans I will put the porcupine sleeve on and trad the lot... I usually soak and scrub the glass, wash the frames whilst the glass is soaking, mop the glass with the applicator again and squeegee off and wipe and detail...even doing all this I sometimes get left with the odd sticky spot (most come off with a bit of gob/thumbnail and some need the scraper)...there is no way these bits would ever come off if I just used the pole, the windows I can't access I will WFP with a squirt of Virosol and hope they are ok.

Seems fine mate.

I think with ubik and a good scrub they come out really well. Also I clean the glass and frame with ubik quick rinse and move on to the next.

I've found this way the glass is still soaking slightly so when I go back to it and clean the glass again it removes everything left, then a final glass rinse.

No issues yet.

Did 2 yesterday..one was really green on sills and frames

Ubik..scrub..rinse..next window..repeat

Go back after and quick scrub and rinse and done

Spotless

If really dirty i will scrub the whole lot without the water on to work the ubik in and get it working then turn on water to scrub properly

I have read your posts this morning you are obviously new to this by the sound of it you will learn and quicker with help but you need to organise yourself better, so an explanation of your set up would help us to assist you.

You mention that you need van mount, not necessarily if you have your set up right even with backpacks you can fill up with a bilge pump, I know a guy who fills up from the van with a fuel gun in seconds I empty 25 litre containers in 1 minute but I've got slimline containers that are easy to pick up. Also waiting for windows to dry before cleaning windows underneath is pointless as is trading bottoms Once you have done a first clean and your method is correct and you clean frames there shouldn't be a problem, get some Oil Flo for removing sticky stuff and debris. Also why are you buying water it's cheap to produce your own. Get a sack truck and a reel, I have 20 meters of Exceed blue hose attached to another 20 metres of yellow pole hose, made my own tubeless poles you need to make things easy for yourself before you go and work to make work easy, van mount is not something that I'm looking at as my set up is just fine what vehicle are you using?

View attachment 6914

View attachment 6915

I have a backpack for going through houses etc, but honestly get yourself a van mount. Once you have a well established round after a few years, you will gets rows of houses plus massive properties. Its here that a backpack just cannot compete.

Ask any of the experienced guys on here, if they had to give up the backpack or van mount, which would it be? I bet you 99% will say backpack

I've spent the last five months working from a Gardiner backpack fixed to a trolley with a hose reel.

3e57c939f3fa7b6c799869ad029aa49c.jpg

A lot of the time I leave it in the van and use it like a mini van mount. It's got 30m of hose on it which does most houses.

2a70d1a7860558c853e5ab3fb82632df.jpg

I recently got myself a van mount partly because I felt that the backpack was holding me back on some jobs. I was also getting fed up of constantly filling it up.

881000d45868481b2d8873baada5eaf4.jpg

I'll still need to use my backpack trolley, probably on a daily basis. There's whole areas of my town that would be impossible to do with only a van mount but now I have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back