Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mixing white vinegar in Pure when WFPing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shiny Dan

Was talking to a bloke at a local cleaning shop wher I buy equipment yesterday and he told me he uses a cap full of white vinegar mixed in with a 25ltr drum of pure when WFPing and his customers are loving the results.

Just wondered if anyone else had ever heard of this and what you thought of the idea?

What noticable improvment has the customer seen by using white vinegar in 0ppm pure? I use Vision additive in my pure water at a slightly higher level than it says and tbf I can't see how glass will shine anymore than I have it doing already.

Customers saying that their windows have a brighter shine. I've heard of guys mixing vinegar in when trad (I do as well).

To be honest Trev81 I'm asking because I wasn't sure that it was worth the bother. The vinegar must be so dilute in 25 litres of water I can't see it impacting the finish to in which case i'd rather keep the money in my pocket.

That's what I thought when the bloke told me a capfull. Probably just custies perception rather than actual imporved quality in finish but thought I might give it a go on my own windows at the weekend.

I have heard it said that it helps with hydrophobic glass but never tried it and I know the shine is way way better using it trad I tested Windows side by side for more or less a whole summer so ya never know. I might try it.

Prefer the smell of Vision in my tank anyday, and yes would be very costly adding vinegar to a 650L tank each time, 10ml of vision each time does me happy days! My tip to any of you wfp guys is to overdose slightly on Vision and the shine is spot on /emoticons/wink.png

when i started with vision i used exact or slightly more than recomended & had to use twice as much water to rinse all the dirt off, did a 1st clean that was a nightmare, i under dose bit now & its great

when i started with vision i used exact or slightly more than recomended & had to use twice as much water to rinse all the dirt off, did a 1st clean that was a nightmare, i under dose bit now & its great
Interesting, never been a issue for me so far using slightly over, even on dirty first cleans.

I used vision for a week or 2 and found it harder work, as to many bubbles, Its interesting to see it works for some of you. I may try it again.

I use vinegar..not sure about the shine but a couple of capfuls in 25l makes the horrible windows sheet well

I used vision for a week or 2 and found it harder work, as to many bubbles, Its interesting to see it works for some of you. I may try it again.
I soon got used to the bubbles and just rinse as normal and leave them on the glass, they dry leaving no residue and a great shine.

i was doing the insides of an office as my lad was doing the outs so i got to see the bubbles up close on some windows & as it was hot the dried finish on others & it was very good so i dont bother checking at all since then, but i still think if you overdose you might have probs rinsing

@Shiny Dan @Jake

Vinegar ? You'll be using Meth's next?

Ever spent time cleaning windows with a black and white newspaper?

No.Me neither. But i've watched fools doing it.

Pure water. Keep the faith.

Back