Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose position. from top or bottom of reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

does it not matter much, ive noticed in some pics some lads have there reel unwinding from the bottom, mine pulls out from the top.

there may be more resistence coming from the top.

have anyone changed there reel hose over from top to bottom or vise versa

I've found you have more chance if reeling out the hose from the top the hose will jam as it can come over the side of the reel.

is this just a normal garden hose guide picked up in the likes of wilkinsons, b+q the likes.

have you bolted or simply screwed onto flooring plywood.

I'm looking in to hose guides now going to buy one tomorrow got to luv a new bit of kit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is this just a normal garden hose guide picked up in the likes of wilkinsons, b+q the likes.have you bolted or simply screwed onto flooring plywood.
god no jonny,i made it earlier this year as i got sick and tired of the hose coming over the side of the reel,it was a simple 20 mins to make i'll take a snap of it tommorrow if i get the time

Mine reels out from the top....never had a problem....

but my reel is on a shelf just above waist height :thumbsup:.

Depends what you prefer o_O......

Winding handle on the right and hose on top.........you reel-in clockwise.

Winding handle on the right and hose on bottom...you reel-in anti-clockwise.

Winding handle on the left and hose on top.........you reel-in anti clockwise

Winding handle on the left and hose on bottom...you reel-in clockwise.

/emoticons/wink.png........:whistle::whistle:......../emoticons/biggrin.png.

Mine from the top. It used to be from the bottom but I had a leaky connector. After replacing said connector and reeling it back in discovered it was now at the top. It still pulls out, carries water and gets covered in muck. /emoticons/smile.png

great post

johnny bravo just as i am about to put together my first reel..../emoticons/biggrin.png

just waiting for a hoselock to 8mm connector which are very hard to get....pure freedom do one but only advertise the 6mm for sale and apparently are too busy to answer emails...i think the plastic ones are just waiting to break....

great postjohnny bravo just as i am about to put together my first reel..../emoticons/biggrin.png

just waiting for a hoselock to 8mm connector which are very hard to get....pure freedom do one but only advertise the 6mm for sale and apparently are too busy to answer emails...i think the plastic ones are just waiting to break....
If you're ever stuck 8mm hose pushes tightly into 1/2" hose, a couple of cable ties on it & you're away. This allows you to put a short piece of 1/2" hose onto the end of your 8mm to attach a hozelock connector to. I used this method for years!!

hi thanks for that , i was wondering whether something like that would work...i may need that if my plastic one snaps as i only have the one.....

at least my two new angle adapters fitted okay so no more slipping brush...all ready for action tomorrow../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back