Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO OR DI

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brendan82

Hi all. Got my tds meter today and it's reading 220 ppm. I'm assuming this means I will need both ro and di. Any recommended set ups for a part time business. Approximately 30 houses per week using a trolley and drum system.

Thanks

Hi there. Your water is pretty hard so you will need an RO and DI. A DI only will thrash your resin very quickly and be very expensive. An RO should bring the PPM down to a level where the resin will last a long time. A word of advice: dont get a small DI , I did this (a 0.7 litre one) and I had to change resin every couple of days. I use a 7 litre DI and resin lasts ages. I have a 300GPD pure freedom 10" RO and it works well for me. I also use a double DI to get the most from my resin.

Thanks for the reply. So do you use 2 7 litre di vessels. If I'm using 25 litre drums is it just a case of plumbing from my outside tap through RO and DI and then into my drums.

Hi all. Got my tds meter today and it's reading 220 ppm. I'm assuming this means I will need both ro and di. Any recommended set ups for a part time business. Approximately 30 houses per week using a trolley and drum system.Thanks
I use di only..tap ppm is 250...use 250/300 litre a day..full time n resin lasts me a month...1 bag

Yes I plumb mine in from the outside tap. I then connect 2x7 litre DI's to it. When the TDS creeps up to an unnacceptable level I put fresh resin in the first one annd swap them so its now the second one. Then do this again when TDS creeps up too high.

Tattooed one, how much resin do you get through? When you say a bag, do you mean a 25 litre one?

Yes I plumb mine in from the outside tap. I then connect 2x7 litre DI's to it. When the TDS creeps up to an unnacceptable level I put fresh resin in the first one annd swap them so its now the second one. Then do this again when TDS creeps up too high.
Tattooed one, how much resin do you get through? When you say a bag, do you mean a 25 litre one?
Yes matey...a 25 litre bag a month...t.ut wirth it to me...it jyst another expense

PF deliver the foloowing day...around 75...i think

Back