Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello everyone

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Katy

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and am thinking about setting up a wee window cleaning business up in the west highlands around Mallaig. I was considering investing in a waterfed backpack, pole and brush and had seen this on the internet

LiteBOY Backpack RENEGADE Deal

Would this be suitable for getting started and are there any other items I should be getting? Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers

Katy

Welcome Katy. :thumbsup:

Before buying a backpack the key question is how are you going to filter your water?

RO or DI?

Also a backpack holds about enough for a typical semi so have you allowed for all the extra barrels you'll need to haul about to refill the backpack?

First step is to get a TDS meter and check your waters PPM. Should be pretty good up Scotland. From there you will determine what filtration and so on.

Welcome Katy. :thumbsup:
Before buying a backpack the key question is how are you going to filter your water?

RO or DI?

Also a backpack holds about enough for a typical semi so have you allowed for all the extra barrels you'll need to haul about to refill the backpack?

First step is to get a TDS meter and check your waters PPM. Should be pretty good up Scotland. From there you will determine what filtration and so on.

Thanks for getting back in touch

Do you need a filter in soft water areas?

Didn't realise there's so much to this window cleaning, have bought my licensce and insurance so committed now lol

I live in a small village, where I'm sure I will get business, any tips on the best way to clean windows? I have a budget of £300, many thanks

Yeh get your water checked katy

then we can advise what way to go

why dont you go tradional katy so much cheeper

I new lassie you cleaned the windows all she done was bungalows and bottom windows

she had loads of graft gd luck on your new adventure

She not been on for a while but @Beccy is another female windy from Scotland.

First you need a TDS meter. Cost about £10 off the ebay.

No matter how soft your water you'll need some filtration.

Can you handle ladder work?

If so start traditional till you build your base and budget.

Yeh get your water checked katythen we can advise what way to go

I new lassie you cleaned the windows all she done was bungalows and bottom windows

Yeh get your water checked katythen we can advise what way to go

Maybe a mix of trad and wfp then? wfp tops trad bottoms, gives you good practice st both snd means you will need to carry less barrels of water round.

That's what I would do if my van was ever out of action

Go trad to begin with, less initial investment.. gives you an opportunity to see if the business is for you without diving in head first... it's all stuff, and techniques you'll need anyway... leave the wfp for further down the road as it can make things complicated and expensive.

Hey Katy, nice to meet you all.. I'am also new here and would like to know more about the traditional methods of window cleaning services. Hope I get a help here...

Back