Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are cheap window cleaners any good?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ralf

Hi guys, bit of a different question but roughly how many windys actually do a proper high quality job? Loads round here doing it for like £3-4 per house. Will they not be doing a proper job and just rushing it off. Obviously varies across areas etc

Hi guys, bit of a different question but roughly how many windys actually do a proper high quality job? Loads round here doing it for like £3-4 per house. Will they not be doing a proper job and just rushing it off. Obviously varies across areas etc
£4 a house no way I wouldn't get out of bed for that.

It might be school kids just trying to get some pocket money. No one running a business would clean a whole house for that maybe per window

Not always, as green said when we started we all under valued jobs, and the old skool window cleaner who don't do frames etc that ha prob paid off mortgage has no overheads to really speak of and smashes 2 Rds of 25 houses (1 up 1 dwn) ain't doing too bad with £4 a house.

Don't also mean they are doing a bad job.

I personally with house full of kids and a van too keep would literally starve at this price, but just saying it can work for some people.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

in my eyes depends on the house, the person. with my window cleaning i don't just see it as a business but as a way of forming relationships with customers so you are treated with respect and not just as a petrol garage clerk

Window cleaner who does next door's charges £4.50. see him walking all over with a set of ladders. but maybe that tells you the story maybe he can't afford a car to put his ladders on at those prices.

It's usually the same guys that have had the same rounds 20 odd years that are still at these prices, still on ladders, still taking cash only, still employing lads cash in hand and still belive in "patches".

But just to agree with what was said above, I know a cleaner that is is a family friend who has only ever dealt in cash for 20 years, paid his mortgage off with cash, has cash lying all over his house, has no kids etc and pays all his workers cash, I'm sure he is much better off than a lot of us doing it legit at higher prices

Back