Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to the trade!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

Brent

Hi,

I'm Brent and literally started up my own window cleaning business last week. I bought a van and got it kitted out professionally and I will offer WFP and traditional.

I have a few customers (friends) but no where near enough. What are your thoughts on leaflet distribution ( I gather people on here haven't had much response) and other forms of advertising. Is it worth a Facebook page etc. I know a lot of it is probably word of mouth but I really need that initial customer base. What are your thoughts?

I need to insure myself and the equipment in the van. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company that deals with window cleaners and equipment?

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers Brent

Hi Brent welcome to the forum mate, I've had no luck with flyers at all but Facebook I have done quite well out if it it's well worth doing, im not sure about insurance for kit but I have business insurance with gleaming for £16 per month seem to cover unite a lot.

Greetings & good luck. If its public lisbility ins you want try Zurich. Got mine for a year £62 and that covers me for a million.

Hi,

I'm Brent and literally started up my own window cleaning business last week. I bought a van and got it kitted out professionally and I will offer WFP and traditional.

I have a few customers (friends) but no where near enough. What are your thoughts on leaflet distribution ( I gather people on here haven't had much response) and other forms of advertising. Is it worth a Facebook page etc. I know a lot of it is probably word of mouth but I really need that initial customer base. What are your thoughts?

I need to insure myself and the equipment in the van. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company that deals with window cleaners and equipment?

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers Brent
Have you thought about canvassers to get you that initial base.

i got a good response on my facebook page iv just started and i also posted on gumtree got 60 customers i also got 5000 flyers printed posted loads for hours and got 1 reply there useless id suggest door knocking my brother done it for me today while i was at work and got me another 10 good luck mate

Welcome to the forum Brent.. Advertise anywhere you can that is free! Gumtree seems to work well for most, local ads Facebook pages. And door knocking will be the best way to get a compact round. I like a6 flyers not too big and people do hang on to them

Thanks all for your advice! I am already glad that I have joined this forum, there is nothing like getting opinions from people already in the trade.

Cheers lads, appreciate your help, Brent

orite brent good luck with the business best job in the world.

heres what i do

gumtree

free adds on the net any free sites

door knock if you can do it

flyers/cards do it all mate

ive gained all my custys by cards threw the door.i was inspired by a guy who i dont see on here any more called col.he built his business just by flyers works for some not others keep them simple and dont put a price on them;)

Same here A.K - I have gone through about 12 000 cards in the last 4 months and have all my customers this way.

going on a major marketing campain, got a kid thats going to deliver 6000 card a month for me and me doing 4000 for the next 5 months.

nice1 koops mate yeah it does work and i like doing it had having the phone ring im going to do what you are doing im paying me bro a small fee to go dropping for me later this month.see what happens.

if u want customers canvass and canvass !

i got 10 customers in my first week /emoticons/smile.png i only been trading for 8/9 days now /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/tongue.png

Posh did you use canvessers when you started?
I got a friend of mine who canvases to get me an initial £200 of work to get me started. As he was a good friend I got this really cheap but have reccomended him to many windys so he has had a lot out of me. My little window company used him and was impressed.

Latest Posts

Back