Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning tinted windows on the inside previously cleaned with Mr Sheen!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil nowdownunder

Hi All,

Need your advice again please.

On Friday as part of a house job I have to clean a pool house. It has mylar tint on the inside. The owner told me she cleans it with Mr Sheen!!! Never hear that one before, but then I've only been in this game around 8 months.

My question is. Knowing she's cleaned it with Mr Sheen in the past would the usual dish washing liquid and water remove the Mr Sheen and clean the glass or would it all go into a horrible mess.

As I understand it. Mylar window tint can directly be squeegeed or the other solution using Microfiber cloth with 1% dishwashing liguid to water.

Advice please. How should I clean these interior windows???

Thanks,

Neil.

Not sure, never heard of it, I reckon some of the aussie cleaners might be able to chime in on that one...

Mr sheen should be no problem to squeegee off with usual soap etc...

Not really sure, its an odd one. If its got waxes in it I could imagine that not being too easy. Reckon warm/hot water might be your friend.

Neil? Are these the tinted windows that are really hard to squeegee off, like the squeegee won't pull down the window or turn without a lot of force?
I haven't tried this particular job before (with the Mr Sheen on), but yes on other houses with the mylar tint on the inside the squeegee doesn't glide very well.

Yeah there really awkward to do, and most of the time they don't actually look that great when you've cleaned them..I'm pretty sure the Mr sheen stuff will just come off when u soap the window up just go over it a few times and then when I squeegee I just pull down from the top, I don't bother with turning cos it's too hard to pull the squeegee round and ends up making a mess! So from top to bottom alway across the window might take 3 or 4 vertical pulls! And I would avoid using scraper as it sometimes take a bit of the tint off and leaves a shadow on the window

Neil make sure to explain to the customer that it won't be perfect due to the film on the window, so they know what to expect

Yeah that's the stuff the Eco glass is a nightmare, the tinted ones i would say are just like a normal window but no scraper..last week in oz and then back to the UK for me

Latest Posts

Back