Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard Water Stains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Two chemicals come to mind Crystal Clear 550 and One Restore.

These are the last two that is used before having to use a machine.

But before you go getting some you should know how to use these chemicals.

Read up on these types of chemicals before using them.
Not much to read to be honest, Just your standard stuff. Well thats was for Crystal Clear. Ive heard this metioned a few times now

I've still got the Ettore pot in the van. Save your money, go to Tesco and buy a product called Vikal. We use this on the cleaning side. Good stuff, costs about £3.

Have you used it only bad windows Jamie? I was doing a couple of houses last week and I wonder sometimes why they bother getting them cleaned as they are absolutely covered in hard water stains?

I have a customer with one really bad window, I've tried Vikal, MDR and bi carb / vinegar, it's all ****, would be cheaper and quicker to put a brick through it. I'm giving up on it if my sander doesn't work.

I have used a product called :- kilrock. It comes in a liquid spray and a paint on gel. The spray is fantastic of getting limescale off but the gel is good on windows but not tried them on a large area just the of spots

I've heard about the us product Spot-X Glass Restorer, which is supposed to be tough enough for most stubborn hard water spots. it is a bi expensive(13-14£) but i guess it is worthed if it works

i used A1 hard water stain remover today, works really well, just poured a little onto a damp white srubb pad (doodlebug pad) or white scourer.! and rubbed in tiny circles, stains just disappeared, i bought this product online from windowcleaningworld.com for $17.50 for a pint (473ml), previously on these windows i have used CLR and it didnt do anywhere near as good as this. I've also just received a bit of stock from mr hardwater, in the states, this stuff looks really good, after todays job i'm excited about doing hard water stain removal work, decent quid to be made, and you can do it in the rain... Dont forget the shower screens, this is another great area of extras, especially in the winter. Good Luck

I've heard about the us product Spot-X Glass Restorer, which is supposed to be tough enough for most stubborn hard water spots. it is a bi expensive(13-14£) but i guess it is worthed if it works
I would charge 4 x that for carrying out the job

i used A1 hard water stain remover today, works really well, just poured a little onto a damp white srubb pad (doodlebug pad) or white scourer.! and rubbed in tiny circles, stains just disappeared, i bought this product online from windowcleaningworld.com for $17.50 for a pint (473ml), previously on these windows i have used CLR and it didnt do anywhere near as good as this. I've also just received a bit of stock from mr hardwater, in the states, this stuff looks really good, after todays job i'm excited about doing hard water stain removal work, decent quid to be made, and you can do it in the rain... Dont forget the shower screens, this is another great area of extras, especially in the winter. Good Luck
supposed to be good that mate

Back