Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Random conversation today

Steve s

I was working on a hotel today when one of the guests started chatting and telling me that wfp is rubbish and you can't clean windows like that etc

The usual **** from the unenlightened.

I explained that when done properly it does a brilliant job and I have used this method for over 12 years.

not on our estate you wouldn't he said.

When our windy started all that nonsense we refused it and now he's back up a ladder.

He was quite triumphant in his account of the way they forced the guy to not use wfp

He then said if people stand together they get what they want

I told him I would have found another estate to work as I wouldn't risk falling and possibly being in a wheelchair for 1.20 a window when there is a safer method.

I asked him if he thinks we should still send children up chimneys and he walked off

****!

My customers don't care how i do ot as long as they are clean

They are all aware that ladders are dangerous even to those of us who have been using them for years and completely understand why i wfp their tops

(All except 1 old biddy who doesn't like those guys who come and hose down your windows)

No one would get me up a ladder to clean windows. I've been asked for trad but I just refuse it. Probably because getting the ladders on and off is 15 mins in itself but mainly because I shake like a pooing dog on anything over about 6ft

same here I wont even clear gutters now just pass it on

i,ve got that much windows to clean

funny the day me and my side kick was grafting freezing cold and windy WFP

just had thought to myself if i was trading this graft today total nightmare with the wind

but no problems just freezing possibly the coldest day of the year

Window cleaners who won't climb ladders

What is the world coming to lol

I decided this afternoon that i would do a few houses completely trad as they are easy windows and just as quick to do

Up me ladder in wind and a hailstorm

Brought back fond memories of the good old trad days

Actually it was quite enjoyable

Shorts wasn't the best choice this morning though

They don't care mate

I told them all i will clean their windows and that's it

If i do get someone who is in and looks confused i say i am low on water so using it for the dangerous windows

It's not very often i trad tops and usually when they are out but they are used to me tradding bottoms

Just proves my point with all these people asking "how do i change them over to wfp?"

Just do it

Knock the door

Money please

Thank you see you next month

I agree Dave there's jobs where you just get ladder off

Today I did one big house

Paths , patio , gutters off ladder and WFP to finish

Nice day

Why not use a ladder it's beyond me

Went to price a job before last Xmas , the guy before said to the fellow of the house "ladders are band" , I turn up say "ladders aren't band ". The guy looks at me with a weird face thinking someone is lying. Never heard from him .

That's because wfp'ers tell porkys to get the job

I explain if asked that after a fall a few years ago and a few nasty falls some friends have had (and the fact I'm getting older lol) i am using wfp on the tops to be safer and make sure i go home at night

No need to make rubbish up

Although i will use ladders when i feel to but won't take risks nowadays

Did a bit of roof walking in the hailstorms earlier though:confused::confused:

I'm still prepared to climb a ladder to clean windows , but it comes with a price , I put a higher price in for ladder work . I've converted95% of my custies over to wfp . New ones get the higher quotes for ladders and the wfp price

I have 1 job that is an actual specific trad job for an old dear

The rest of my work is wfp/trad mix (i wfp what i feel i need to which is usually all the tops and sometimes bottoms if they have those stupid stuck on dividers)

I don't take on work quoting a specific method i just tell them how much to clean their windows

I guess I use a ladder once a day, normally to access a balcony or flat roof. Quite happy to take my time and be over cautious.

Ive been asked to do gutters on a large house, i wouldnt do it normally but hes a monthly £40 customer and wants all his paths pressure washing and indoes doing so its gonna be a few hundred quid. Im actually considering buying some decent ladders and an ankalad to do the gutters :eek:. Id rather buy a gutter vac but ive just bought a new bike and cant afford it lol. Will try and get out of it if i can tell him they dont need doing or maybe pass it on to someone else.

Use a standoff so you are not resting on the gutter and get up there sunshine lol

Latest Posts

Back