Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Re-Leafleting An Area.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mdpeake

Hi,

I have just finished leafleting an area of approximately 10000 homes I was wandering whether anybody has ever re-leafleted an area and how long after the first drop would you recommend for the next batch to be dropped off and what sort of response was there on the second sweep. Lots of questions I know, thank-you in advance.

/emoticons/smile.png

Maybe give it a year or two, with people moving homes, or people changing mind, windows get dirty easly over a year, then yeah its possible to get a few more, but not many.

When i first started out i banged out 5000 leaflets n got 3 phone calls n 1 of those was close to a year after i posted it lol

/emoticons/tongue.png im planning on dropping 5,000 and i hope i get atleast 20 customers out of it.

Best of luck mate i wouldnt waste my time on leaflets from past experience i bet having ur van sign written up gets you some work mate

not yet mate, i once got flagged down though thats about it, but it will get me work soon am sure its probably the most eye catchin WC van in my town lol

I would wait a year before re-leafleting an area. But personally I would be out knocking doors, and just post the leaflets to people you don't get in. I used to get 1 or 2 customers to every 100 leaflets posted, but the way things are at the moment, even that would be optimistic. I tend to get much better results with door knocking. If I go out for an hour, I get a fairly consistent 1 or 2 customers, then some ***hts you don't get any, then other ***hts you hit a little empty pocket and get a dozen.

Go out for an hour each ***ht for a week, just posting, then the following week knock doors for an hour 6 -7pm, and I bet you get twice as many customers with the knocking.

If you're going to do a second leaflet drop in the same area, you need to wait at least a year. Hopefully people will have forgotten about the first drop and the second drop won't be annoying.

You'll need to do a follow up of the leaflet drop by knocking on doors a week or so afterwards. This technique has worked well for people on here.

Yes a follow up call a week or so after the drop would be better than doing another drop altogether..

I don't drop flyers for window cleaning, i wasted so much time and money and it never pays off. Also if your delivering them yourself, you may aswell just knock the door while you are there!

I was out knocking on Tuesday ***ht in an area I have already knocked, called to a girls house said my bit, she goes, I still have your flyer from the last time you called! Felt like an ejit but she still never have an answer lol

the way i do it is knock and post at the same time .

If someone answers then i give them the pitch if no answer then bang a flyer through .

Then i go back to the area a week or two later and knock all the ones who were not in .

I always take a notepad with me and jot down what roads ive done and and the house numbers as i found out i knocked a couple more than

once and they look at you like you have gone out or something !!!

If no one at home i put N/A

if someone answers i put either a question mark if they need to think about it or the price if i have given a quote

if they sign up i put them in the page associated with that estate in my round book

i love canvassing me gives you a buzz i aim for £50.00 each time

the last 2 i went out and bagged £93.00 and last ***hts £77.00 .

just think about it like if you dont get out there knocking the kids will go without food .

It's a daunting task going out canvassing but after a few door knocks you soon get into the stride of things .

my whole round is built from canvassing and i been trading 21 days now have 48 customers signed up with a round worth

£515.00 every 4 weeks .

May I ask, when would you say the best times to canvass are..I presume we would get the best results between 6.30pm and 7.30pm during a weekday??

#

allroundcleaning... I,m a Penkridge lad myself....nearly neighbours. /emoticons/biggrin.png Good luck with the round.

i do it from 5-8pm /emoticons/wink.png lol if am doing really well and got a few hosues still to do i will continue until half 8 /emoticons/biggrin.png lol

Latest Posts

Back