Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Skyvac atom 240v generator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ACWC

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can offer me some advice as im fairly new to this.

I have a skyvac atom 240v which is a great piece of kit.

Most of the time customers are in so I can use their power, but on the odd occasion that they aren’t in im looking to hire a generator for the day as they seem fairly cheap.

Problem is all the hire generators seem to have the 110v site connection instead of the normal plug connection. Im probably being stupid but is there a way to connect my vac to these generators?

Also what power generator should i be looking for?

I know i probably sound clueless lol

Strictly speaking it's illegal on many sites to run 240v cables across the floor, this is probably why the hire shops only do the 110v ones. You should be able to pick up a cheap portable 240v genie on local selling pages, Ebay etc or buy a new one off the internet.

If i were to get a generator capable to run 240v but it didn’t have a 3 pin socket would the item in the attached image do the job?9F7A015D-7C91-4D64-BEB6-A9EC5F8C6B9C.png

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can offer me some advice as im fairly new to this.

I have a skyvac atom 240v which is a great piece of kit.

Most of the time customers are in so I can use their power, but on the odd occasion that they aren’t in im looking to hire a generator for the day as they seem fairly cheap.

Problem is all the hire generators seem to have the 110v site connection instead of the normal plug connection. Im probably being stupid but is there a way to connect my vac to these generators?

Also what power generator should i be looking for?

I know i probably sound clueless lol
Spinaclean do a 240v for the atom that’s compact, really good company I get all my stuff from them.

Back