Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website Quotation/estimate Calculator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

timbeam

How many of you have automated forms on your website that provide quotes/estimates for potential customers?

Is it a good idea or not?

Cheers.

I just did one for midlands cleaners website that can quote for multiple services into one figure I think that's a good idea, it took some doing but well worth it I think.

Looks good Dodger :Image9:

I prefer not to give away any pricings information online or have an online calc built in. Even though they are just estimates I feel could lead to a drop in enquires as some ppl just shop around online for the cheapest quote without considering over factors like the quality of work and service offered. Also most importantly I feel competitors could use the information gained on pricing to their advantage too.

The most important thing on a web enquiry form I think is to capture as much information as possible including name, phone numbers, email address, property address, postcode, what needs doing etc without giving away any prices. There are way to many variables for a quote estimator incorporated into a web form to be of any real benefit for me.

Having prospects contact information, full postcode address and information of what need doing sent through I find very helpful as can look at the property on Google maps in advance then can either phone prospects back and/or send an email to arrange a site visit if required to confirm what needs doing. Then I find it's best to close the deal face to face rather than giving quotes over the phone.

Just my thoughts but some may disagree.....

Hope this help?

I would not want an estimator on my site, I won't even give a quote over the phone, as it can be way off either way.. I much prefer going and having a look and a chat with the customer

I had a calculator on my site but ended up removing it because I started getting loads of calls from ppl who were only interested in price -- the type of customer that would drop you is someone 50p cheaper came along!

We are trailing pricing. So far so good. But who knows lol.

And yes smurf. I see the FROM /emoticons/wink.png

Ok guys, thanks for that. Think I'm edging towards not doing a quote form but we'll see.

Cheers.
You could have a photo quote page, with a form for people to submit and send a detailed photo and description of the work they want..

At the end of the day it's up to you how you go about promoting your services. Some are more than happy to publish prices & have a price calc on their site too and others like me think it's a bad idea...

Indeed....

I had a calculator on my site but ended up removing it because I started getting loads of calls from ppl who were only interested in price -- the type of customer that would drop you is someone 50p cheaper came along!

You could have a photo quote page, with a form for people to submit and send a detailed photo and description of the work they want..
That's a good idea mate but I doubt many people could be bothered with it. Might just give them an idea of price like smurf. We'll see.

Cheers.

If giving a from price best you also add * (price subject to property size & site survey) :Image9:

That's a good idea mate but I doubt many people could be bothered with it. Might just give them an idea of price like smurf. We'll see.

Cheers.

I take my own photos on each site visit when conducting a survey/quote so there would be no point in prospects sending any to me.

Latest Posts

Back