Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Trolley?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Laugher

Currently I use a big boy backpack on a sack barrow but it's doing my head in having to keep filling it up through out the day as it's my only way of wfp at the minute as I'm saving for a better pay loaded van to have a van mount.

So I'm only using 25l drums at the minute and thinking a trolley would save me some aggro of filling up the backpack

so the question is what trolley to go for? Purefreedom or x-line or other?

As a cheaper short term fix to the trolley issue without spending a further £400+ for another trolley system with a van mount looming, getting several of those office water dispenser (18-20L) bottles then putting them upside down into the top of the open back pack lid strapped to the trolley to give you a 40L trolley might get you by until the van mount.

Failing that, as far as I know the pure freedom trolley can easily be turned into a van mount which'll save you some costs in transferring from trolley -> van.

Currently I use a big boy backpack on a sack barrow but it's doing my head in having to keep filling it up through out the day as it's my only way of wfp at the minute as I'm saving for a better pay loaded van to have a van mount.So I'm only using 25l drums at the minute and thinking a trolley would save me some aggro of filling up the backpack

so the question is what trolley to go for? Purefreedom or x-line or other?
If weight is an issue ATM, why not order the size tank you want plus the other bits and bobs, but just don't fill the tank too much? Then when you've got the dosh for a bigger van, it'll all be ready to rock n roll.

You could take the guts of the bigboy out and put them in a case which I think dodger? has done recently in the tutorials section. Then you can use whatever size container suits you on your sack truck.

Can't say bout pure freedom as not used one....but my xline is brill can also be used as a van mount best of both worlds.

pure freedom trollie is good but ide stick 2 bk pack as its still a pain luging 25l drums around or buy a tank an dont fill it rite up

You can pick up a used 250 ltr tank realy cheap from fleebay so my suggestion is the cheapest way if you still want to lug a backpack about and not build a diy van system for that van is to use a 250 ltr tank instead of containers with a quick fill hose conected to one of these just thrown into the tank lid. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-1100-GPH-Water-BILGE-PUMP-Submersible-Yacht-Boat-Marine-Sea-/400541407491?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item5d4220d903

Best to connect it up to a seperate battery so don't have any issues starting the van. Simples...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There is a vid somewhere on here to show how quick it is to fill backpacks using that same bilge pump but can't find it at the mo.

Don't even need a pump if your using a big tank.. I just put a 3/4 tap on the tank and can fill a barrel in 40seconds.. When I get my new tank I shall be putting a bigger tap on it..

You would be better taking your backpack apart and building your own trolley out of it.. Save the money on buying a £500 trolley and use it towards your bigger van!

It works both ways tho, pro's and cons with both. I started the other way round and got a decent van system fitted but it did my head in setting up and running hoses. getting parked, putting cones out, getting hoses places without fouling anything and getting kinks in the hoses etc etc...... Now all i use is a bigboy on its lowest setting and have it as a trolley system. On my average house i only need a full trolley and a one 25ltr container which takes me 20seconds to place on the drive. I find it easier and quicker........................ Each to their own i suppose!! But i wouldn't advise getting a trolley system, because in effect the big boy is a trolley system just carries 3ltrs less than a standard trolley, and if you got the 50ltr trolley then that would be a nighmare lugging around and you would be still filling it a lot and it would be slower setting up and clearing up than the bigboy in my opinion. I dont think you would gain any advantage over the bigboy with a different trolley system. So id stick with the bigboy until you get a van system sorted.......... and if you are anything like me probably revert back to the bigboy more often than you'd think.

I currently carry 8 25l drums but it's the filling up bit that does my head in because I hate stop and starting to fill it up, at least with the trolley i can just swap the drums over, I don't really want to take apart the big boy as I was finding about using it as a sprayer for gutter and con roof cleaning once I got a van mount, not sure what size tank I would be able to fit in the back of my combo

I currently carry 8 25l drums but it's the filling up bit that does my head in because I hate stop and starting to fill it up, at least with the trolley i can just swap the drums over, I don't really want to take apart the big boy as I was finding about using it as a sprayer for gutter and con roof cleaning once I got a van mount, not sure what size tank I would be able to fit in the back of my combo
A 350 tank fits nicely in a combo.. That would be an expensive sprayer mate!! I use a cheapo pump up sprayer £8 for spraying gutters.. I have an old Harris pole connected to the sprayer ( also uses 8mm hose ) and now I have an 18ft sprayer lance, can spray the gutters very easily, pump over my shoulder and pole and trigger in hands.. Job done.. Or umm we'll unm that's about it! Lol

Do you all pull the trolley around the back of houses with a short hose or do you have reels attached to your trolley so that you don't have to keep moving it?

Do you all pull the trolley around the back of houses with a short hose or do you have reels attached to your trolley so that you don't have to keep moving it?
i used to have 15 meters of hose but could of done with 30 some times

Yeah a 350 would but when full or full enough for what I need in a day it would be to much for the van to carry, I've got a 8litre sprayer for gutter cleaning ATM but haven't converted the end to connect to a pole.

I currently keep it in one place and have about 30m of 8mm hose on reel which does my head in as well lol might buy some pole hose to help though

Might be getting a new van soon been offered a nice vivaro cheap so might stick with what I've got until after I get a van mount sorted.

I didn't realise when I started how expansive window cleaning can be!!! Lol

Back