Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole work

• Thread starter The window cleaning kid
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

T

The window cleaning kid

hi all, can any one recommend the best gear / setup for pole work.

I have water fed pole but do have the odd house that has one unreachable window and don't want to break the wfp out for one window that I can't reach from ladder.

I'm only looking to use the traditional pole method on first floor or one above ground floor, so need to no what pole and should I go wagtail rather than strait pulls with fixed squeegee.

Get the moerman excelerator 10" with fliq pad

5m Harris decorators pole £15 from b&q

Unger adjustable crank with optiloc tip

Watch polzn bladz on youtube for technique

Job done

There is a mod needed to fit the tip on the pole but basically you drill the rivets out to knock the tip off it comes with

6" of upvc pipe which fills the gap perfectly as the unger crank fits inside the pole and the pipe takes up the slack for a good fit then use a couple of self tappers to secure it

Wagga did a vid of it i will look for later

Looks the nuts Dave, what do you recommend as way of cleaning frames when using traditional pole method?

I just wipe what i can with the scrubber on the squeegee

Do the window then wipe the sill with it too

Customers appreciate the fact you can reach it to do the glass

Maybe occasionally do it wfp just to get the frames good as you have a good few cleans before it needs it again

Get the moerman excelerator 10" with fliq pad5m Harris decorators pole £15 from b&q

Unger adjustable crank with optiloc tip

Watch polzn bladz on youtube for technique

Job done

There is a mod needed to fit the tip on the pole but basically you drill the rivets out to knock the tip off it comes with

6" of upvc pipe which fills the gap perfectly as the unger crank fits inside the pole and the pipe takes up the slack for a good fit then use a couple of self tappers to secure it

Wagga did a vid of it i will look for later
Moernan 5m pole £23 on the cleaning warehouse ATM. 8m a tenner extra

Moernan 5m pole £23 on the cleaning warehouse ATM. 8m a tenner extra
Great stuff if using the excelerator

The optiloc holds every type of squeegee except ettore but moerman is best for just the 1 tool

Was looking at getting the excelerator daveyboy. I've got a 14" wagtail flipper that I occasionally use but with the new Moerman channels with no detailing needed they seem like it's worth a try.

I use a 12" usually on the under ergotec but I suppose the 10" fliq is better for domestic size windows.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

10" is best i think

The only thing is when used to a wagtail it will take some getting used to as the excelerator needs a lot less of a twist to move the blade/scrubber as it is a whole lot more responsive

Back