Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Maternity and this job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

iv a young woman has worked for me almost 2 years now. good sort .

has just told me is expecting , and plans to work on until she feels she cant take it any more

i said thats ok- but im now wondering if this is wise-some days we really slog away ,work overtime and everybody including joe soap here is deadbeat by the end of it. will she push herself , i wouldnt want anything to go wrong

would you just set a deadline,say 6 months pregnant? and thats it,or say carry on ?

whats ur opinions, have any of you worked with a preg woman ?

iv a young woman has worked for me almost 2 years now. good sort .
has just told me is expecting , and plans to work on until she feels she cant take it any more

i said thats ok- but im now wondering if this is wise-some days we really slog away ,work overtime and everybody including joe soap here is deadbeat by the end of it. will she push herself , i wouldnt want anything to go wrong

would you just set a deadline,say 6 months pregnant? and thats it,or say carry on ?

whats ur opinions, have any of you worked with a preg woman ?
Tricky one boar, I mean as you say the job is quite physically challenging as oppose to say someone working in a office. Is she planning on coming back to work for you after ?

Tricky if she wants to work , if she is legal on books you may have to find her lighter work ?

Or suspend her on full pay

My wife is a chef, she worked with all but the last one right up until 2 weeks before dropping.

The only changes she made, and she is on her feet all day fetching and carrying heavy stuff as well, is she got one of the lads to lift the big pots if they were full, that was it.

She is tough as old boots though.

Tricky one boar, I mean as you say the job is quite physically challenging as oppose to say someone working in a office. Is she planning on coming back to work for you after ?
iv assumed that when she leaves she wont come back. but what if she says she wants to, to then claim maternity leave [and pay] but then at the end of that freeloaders years pay for doing diddly squit , says im not coming back after all. //// the stuff of nightmares!!!

As a gambling man, I'd say the chance of her coming back and staying is virtually zero. I hope you don't get screwed over here boar, as this to me doesn't seem like the sort of job that should honour maternity pay, although unfortunately its the cost of doing business.

Sounds like someone squirted their soap in her bucket. lol shhhhh

morning sickness has already set in with her . and 1 of my other workers is using a similar excuse for not turning in ,only hes male!

Oh the joys of being an employer

morning sickness has already set in with her . and 1 of my other workers is using a similar excuse for not turning in ,only hes male!

for what its worth she does not have to decide whether she wants to return from her maternity......until she has completed her maternity

time off that is the law .you have to keep her job open until then.....that was my understanding when I worked in la la land

Back