Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Next question for you all (sorry)

Delicate-Design

I have a 50 GPD Osmosis unit 4 stage, what would be a good membrane to replace too to get enough water to run a pole everyday. I live in an area with an average or 300ppm so I'm guessing a DI Vessel wont cut it and can I simply upgrade the membrane to run quicker or do I need to change anything else?

If you need to know it's this unit http://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/4-Stage-50-Gallon-Per-Day-Reverse-Osmosis-System-with-DI.html

and i have a low pressure pump attached as my water pressure was 20psi so it's now running at 90psi

Cheers /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, you need a 300GPD unit a least, i got one off flea bay with a DI for 125.00 this should produce approx 50 litres per hour if water pressure is at least 80 psi

I have a 50 GPD Osmosis unit 4 stage, what would be a good membrane to replace too to get enough water to run a pole everyday. I live in an area with an average or 300ppm so I'm guessing a DI Vessel wont cut it and can I simply upgrade the membrane to run quicker or do I need to change anything else?
If you need to know it's this unit http://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/4-Stage-50-Gallon-Per-Day-Reverse-Osmosis-System-with-DI.html

and i have a low pressure pump attached as my water pressure was 20psi so it's now running at 90psi

Cheers /emoticons/smile.png
Upgrade that membrane to 150GPD with correct restrictor will give you 3 times your current pure water. Then buy 2 upgrade kits which will be 2 housings, 2 x 150 GPD membranes, pipe and fittings. You will then have a 450 GPD which is more than enough for a single operator, even in winter when water processing is slower.

If you are using the standard 10" resin filter then replace that with a proper di vessel. Process that into an IBC tank with a submersible pump to transfer the day's water into your van.

Check the price of a complete 150GPD r/o on

www.daqua.co.uk

as it could be quicker and cheaper to replace the whole r/o. He will also supply a di vessel with all the fittings. They only supply the best membranes on the market which are far superior to some others on Ebay.

Just been watching you tube about these unit and it got me thinking I have the waste tap wide open and the flush valve shut do I need to adjust this at all?

Back