Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro Pressure And Flow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wilgold

Hi everyone i have just installed my new 100gpd RO system and the flow seems to be very poor. Its taken 8.5hours to produce 60ltrs!!!! It's running at 2.5bar/40psi. Would I benefit from installing a booster pump? Or is this normal? Cheers

i have a 300 ro used a diaphram pump 1.5 lpm, took 1 hour to fill 25 litre drum up, sold that got a higher spec pump from vyair now takes 30 minutes to fill, phone vyair up freephone get number from website. describe it all to phil he will advise what to do. they do 200ro with built in booster pump @ £200 over the phone

i have 350gpd after upgrading from 100gpd. i have a booster pump on and it takes me about 2.5 hrs to get 50L. not sure if this is right, swear i used to get 25L in 50 mins a while ago but its slowed down with time. i have flushed it quite a bit to help the system. might upgrade and get a merlin.

100UK gal = 454.61L in 24hrs thats just about 18 litres an hour. So yes your pressure must be low., you need a booster pump. Trust me and save up for this http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/2400-gpd-high-volume-reverse-osmosis-system-40-membrane-p-610.html along with the booster, or get a loan, it will save you so much time and hassel. Mine runs at 240 litres an HOUR!!! I supply for 4 guys, even if i ran this system on my own i would still get the same system! You end up throwing loads of money away with low grade RO systems.

Yer that's a good system if you need that amount of water,

But for a one man its a little bit of a waste,

So far my 200gpd pumped ro from vyair has only cost me about £300 for 2 years so far, that's without water bill. And still got resin for the next year in that price, only thing I need to spend this year on it is £20 for pre filters.

100UK gal = 454.61L in 24hrs thats just about 18 litres an hour. So yes your pressure must be low.' date=' you need a booster pump. Trust me and save up for this http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/2400-gpd-high-volume-reverse-osmosis-system-40-membrane-p-610.html along with the booster, or get a loan, it will save you so much time and hassel. Mine runs at 240 litres an HOUR!!! I supply for 4 guys, even if i ran this system on my own i would still get the same system! You end up throwing loads of money away with low grade RO systems.
Or on ebay there is a hf5 membrane complete with housing £365, then buy a couple of 10 inch housings a valve for waste outlet,
and DI vessel of your choice and save 300 quid ish

i paid £80 for booster pump from vyair. 25 litres = 30 minutes. used to take 50 - 60 minutes. i use a 10 in . di vessel, got resin last may, still got half a bag. i just do various tops with backpack from WCW, Which i may be selling soon.

i paid £80 for booster pump from vyair. 25 litres = 30 minutes. used to take 50 - 60 minutes. i use a 10 in . di vessel, got resin last may, still got half a bag. i just do various tops with backpack from WCW, Which i may be selling soon.
Mine came with booster pump, system cost £215. I'm fully water fed pole, and had my resin a year now and still have half bag left!

i have a 300 ro used a diaphram pump 1.5 lpm, took 1 hour to fill 25 litre drum up, sold that got a higher spec pump from vyair now takes 30 minutes to fill, phone vyair up freephone get number from website. describe it all to phil he will advise what to do. they do 200ro with built in booster pump @ £200 over the phone

Hi everyone i have just installed my new 100gpd RO system and the flow seems to be very poor. Its taken 8.5hours to produce 60ltrs!!!! It's running at 2.5bar/40psi. Would I benefit from installing a booster pump? Or is this normal? Cheers
If the waste outlet valve is adjustable close it more so you let less waste out, it will pressure up the RO membrane and produce water more quickly.

The membrane will deteriorate more quickly and so not last as long though.

Saves buying another booster pump.

why not collect river water lol i tested the water in our local stream and it came out at 42ppm, all u need is a filter to get the bits out and a resin tank jobs sorted :lol:

Firstly, all membrane specs are US gallons which are smaller than British gallons. A day is also a 24 hour period.

Secondly, I would put this purchase down to experience and upgrade the unit. I would add 2 further membrane housings, and fit 3 150GPD membranes in each housing. Also change the restrictor.

Speak to Doug at www.daqua.co.uk and he will help you get it right.

Adding this upgrade will give a single operator plenty of water for their daily requirements.

We processed water into a 1000 litre IBC tank with float valve control switch and solenoid valve and found that it supplied both of us with enough water for many years. We didn't use a booster pump and our water pressure is 40 psi.

Again, cold water during the winter is processed much slower through the r/o than when warmer in the summer.

i took my restrictor off it made it faster, had no problems
The restrictors are there to keep the membrane under the right pressure, could cause them damage, cause them not to work properly or reduce life span without one fitted.

why not collect river water lol i tested the water in our local stream and it came out at 42ppm, all u need is a filter to get the bits out and a resin tank jobs sorted :lol:
Is that wat u do lol

noooo but its a good idea in a way, if the tds is say under 90 u only need to filter it and use a di lol

Is that wat u do lol
i had a job once by a stream in my village and i ran outta water and the stream ran through this womans garden, they were only velux windows and she never went in the roof coz it was a massive house. i cleaned them with stream water and they had no spots lmfao :lol: :lol: that was well noob of me.

Back