Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Securing hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

High-tower

I'm doing a bit of planning for my new van and system. I'm planning to fit a homemade remote controlled electric reel with rollers, I'm hoping to be able to not have to keep opening and closing the back of the van at each job. Has anybody else got a set up like that? Is the hose unreeling whilst driving between jobs a problem?

Where do you keep your pole if you can avoid opening the doors?

I wouldn't keep a hose end dangling under the car while driving, but if you reel it up all the way i don't see a problem. Then again, you have to open the door to thread it through the rollers.

Do you have pics if your diy wheel? Planning to build myself one..

Poles gonna go on the roof. I'm hoping to avoid having to feed the hose through the rollers each time, and if there was a solution to clipping the hose tail up and preventing it unreeling... not built my reel yet, still in the planning stages...

In my opinion the extra complexity and security measures you need to make to avoid opening the doors is not worth it compared to just opening the doors.

It is when it's a tailgate on a transporter van. I'll figure something out, just wondered whether anybody had already done the thinking...

Back