Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How To Replace Broken Ionics Clamps .

All Round Cleaning

Here is a quick how to guide on how to replace broken Ionics clamps .

This may work on other makes but I do not have any other poles to try this .

1 ) Disconnect the pipe from the head and pull it through the pole until it comes out all the way .

2 ) Take out the section with the broken clamp

3 ) using a hacksaw cut a slit into the clamp body as shown , to make it easier cut it at an angle of around 35 degrees to the pole body as shown in the picture . Be careful not to cut into the pole itself , you will know when to stop sawing as the friction on the hacksaw blade will stop . ( THIS MEANS STOP SAWING )

20121104_192210.jpg
[/img]

20121104_192022.jpg
[/img]

4 ) Use a small headed screw driver and prize it into the gap , This will free the immediate piece from the pole

then move the screwdriver to the bottom of the clamp and work it around . ( BE CAREFUL AS YOU CAN DAMAGE THE POLE DOING THIS )

20121104_193220.jpg
[/img]

5 ) When the clamp is removed you should end up with this !

20121104_192318.jpg
[/img]

6 ) Then using a scraper blade or a stanley knife cut away at the adhesive , Do it length ways away from your body

if you slip you may get a nasty cut !!!

20121104_192456-1.jpg
[/img]

20121104_192504.jpg
[/img]

7 ) Once removed it will look like this !

20121104_192627.jpg
[/img]

8 ) then use a sanding block or a piece of sandpaper sand the excess from the pole , This also produces a key for the new adhesive to stick to .

20121104_192857.jpg
[/img]

9 ) when you have done the above then sand inside the clamp body to produce a key for the resin .

Using a damp cloth wipe away the dust from the sanding stage to make it clean .

Spread a bead of resin around the outside circumference of the pole about 2mm x 2mm is enough .

Do the same to the inside of the clamp too .

Push the clamp body onto the pole and twist at the same time this ensures uniform distribution of the resin

between the pole and the clamp body .

when you have done this use a damp cloth to wipe away the excess glue from the under side of the clamp body

and also the inside of the clamp body where it fixes to the pole .

If there is any excess left inside and you cant get to it use a knife to remove the excess .

Leave the resin to set before re assembly of your pole , Setting time depends on the type of resin you are using etc

but leave it for maybe 12hrs before you use your pole again just to be safe .

lol i hate bright coloured trainer /emoticons/tongue.png i only like black or white /emoticons/biggrin.png lol

and ice watches i seen them advertised on tv lol /emoticons/smile.png

Nice one Gav, I'll have a read later when I've done some browsing.

Ps isn't there a direct link or something that you can use for the images?

Yeah there will be a direct link as well, gets a bit confusing till you find the right one. Imageshack was a sod till I figured which link to use.

Back