Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aqua adapter

Use one on both my poles and overall they're brilliant IMO, the following would be the very minor niggles;

- Mine haven't, but the springs will wear and snap (replacements included if I recall correctly if not easily sourced, keep a spare on the pump)

- The crossed gear that turns it on and off can very occasionally get turned half way so a spoke is dead onto the bit that turns it stopping it turning when the pipe hose is pulled

- The bit of plastic that turns the crossed gear on one occasionally gets stuck in as the crossed gear moves back up passed it (Rare, lubricates out as soon as it gets wet)

Use one on both my poles and overall they're brilliant IMO, the following would be the very minor niggles;- Mine haven't, but the springs will wear and snap (replacements included if I recall correctly if not easily sourced, keep a spare on the pump)

- The crossed gear that turns it on and off can very occasionally get turned half way so a spoke is dead onto the bit that turns it stopping it turning when the pipe hose is pulled

- The bit of plastic that turns the crossed gear on one occasionally gets stuck in as the crossed gear moves back up passed it (Rare, lubricates out as soon as it gets wet)
Well summed up, buy at least 4 springs and keep them in the van, takes 5 mins to change, on the mk2 they snapped about once every 3-4 months. I Wash the carriage and moving parts at least once a week with pure water, or sometimes I'll soak the AD in hot soapy water then wash really well with pure and it stays free and smooth, dont use any lube on it, just attracts dirt and causes sticking.

Otherwise an amazing bit of kit........IMO!!

I have 3 poles in the van, a 40' SLX, a 22' CLX and a 22' SLX. They each have Aquadaptors on them as do son's SLX25 and son in law's SLX22.

(In case you are wondering, the CLX was bought at the same time as my son's SLX25, but I settled for the CLX as I couldn't afford another SLX pole at the time. My SLX22 is my pole of choice with an extreme mixed brush attached. The CLX has the heavier Superlite dual trim brush which gets used for dirty windows and first cleans as it has better scrubbing characteristics.)

The 40' get used 3 or 4 times a month for a few high windows we do.

So my advice is to get another if you have more than 1 pole. The latest 'LITE' models are a little more expensive that the XL's they still have in stock so I would take advantage of the price if you can.

I also have a new spare Aquadaptor as well as a number of spare springs. I will need to order some more springs shortly.

Keep a paper clip with your spare springs to make replacement on site easier. See A/D's video on how to change a spring.

I have used my aquadaptor today with new pole,fookin awesome /emoticons/smile.png

I ordering another phoenix and 35 this time n dapper goin on that too

Cheers for feedback lads /emoticons/smile.png :) /emoticons/smile.png

Spruce, you just reminded me......i used my new spare AD on my new slx25. I must order another in the next couple of months.

Back