Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Internal Clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Greener

Hi All, I was asked to quote for my first internal clean today, thats the good news but the great news is its a fish and chip shop :thumbs:. Now ive been WFP cleaning for around a year now and have never carried out an internal clean before, obviously I've cleaned my own windows using the obligatory window cleaning spray and the wife's favourite kitchen tissue (me bad /emoticons/wink.png ) but please can I have some advise on what is the best equipment and products to use also any tricks of the trade you may like to share.

Thanks in advance Greener.

do a runner.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh not a fan of insides as they are greasy as against dirty outside...

i use boab, bucket on a belt and so just blade em spraying chems on like full strength window cleaning spray first and then rub that in with my applicator before blading off..

not forgetting to shadow my blade with my applicator to catch the drips...

dont forget a big blade applicator helps on them big windows..

any finger prints kiss marks etc I clean with my sill cloth scrim after they have been sprayed and then spray the area again before I blade...

I dare you not to get some chips whilst there....:whistle:

do a runner.../emoticons/biggrin.png
yeh not a fan of insides as they are greasy as against dirty outside...

i use boab, bucket on a belt and so just blade em spraying chems on like full strength window cleaning spray first and then rub that in with my applicator before blading off..

not forgetting to shadow my blade with my applicator to catch the drips...

dont forget a big blade applicator helps on them big windows..

any finger prints kiss marks etc I clean with my sill cloth scrim after they have been sprayed and then spray the area again before I blade...

I dare you not to get some chips whilst there....:whistle:
Thanks for the advise @cheapncheerful I'll let ya know how I get on mate. p.s Ill have a large cod with mine please ;-)

not had one for ages making me hungry now.../emoticons/biggrin.png

hmmm I wonder whats for dinner tomorrow...

I do have a proper spoon in my car just for fish and chips...

I actually just use any of the window sprays you can get .but i do water them down at least fifty fifty as if you use them neat it tends to be a patchy result...

cant say I have used em much for insides as I always blade em these days..

generally if I spot finger marks or a greasy kitchen window that will get blasted with full strenght and maybe taken off with a bone dry scrim but then...I do em again.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I am struggling to get outsides clean in this sun at the mo let alone insides...and we now enter the fast dry up so you cant just leave the detailing for long...

Chip shop windows get very greasy so you need a good detergent and to do the job quick enough to make money you need to purchase a good blade and applicator , easy size for learning is around 14 inch , practice at home or watch some YouTube video to pick up hints

In the past I found doing chip shops as they are shutting makes your free portions bigger than usual /emoticons/smile.png yum yum

Internals are a pain in the butt. I avoid them like I avoid an ugly drunk girl at a wedding !!

It's worse in someone's house as you have to avoid dirty foot prints, ornaments and spilling dirty water on lovely cream carpets. You end up moving furniture and **** of window seals. Kitchens are a nightmare because you have work surfaces in front of windows to overcome. I only do them for a few customers and the rest, if they ask, I say my insurance will not cover me. If your going to do them, charge double the outside price.

same as me gary63 cant get the insurance...and I say...most people use that marvelous karcher window vac.../emoticons/biggrin.png

mind you some are nice and clean and clear of clutter...

same as me gary63 cant get the insurance...and I say...most people use that marvelous karcher window vac.../emoticons/biggrin.png
mind you some are nice and clean and clear of clutter...
Now that's funny you mentioned a Karcher window vac. My missus bought one last year and I took the p..s out of her for buying a gimmick. When she went out I thought I'd give it a go on our sliding mirror wardrobe doors. Just ragged it with pure water ( very little to avoid runs) and vac'd it off. I got to say it worked a treat. No smears at all. Anyway, still not going to do internals...

we only bought it as from november to march every window in our house is full of condensation...

the battery on it isnt great....

and not so sure about the water full feature either...

it just spits all the dirty water in your face...time to empty.

but doesnt do a bad result really...:Dbecause...it s not like I ever cleaned them..well...I dont get paid...and too many plants in the way.

Did ours the other day and she bought me a pint down the pub. Payment of sorts but then I had to buy her one back and so on and so forth. I'm sure I bought the last one .....

Internals are a piece of cake , I even clean pictures and TV screens with my applicator and blade

The key to internals is getting the home owner on side. Iquote the same as outside but I always have them remove all trinkets and **** off the window sill, blinds etc. Use a spray bottle instead of a bucket too, makes it a lot easier.

As @Gary63 and @cheapncheerful touched on, make sure you let your insurer know beforehand. It may be that you're covered for it already, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. A lot of window cleaning policies wont include cleaning the inside of a property - especially a commercial premises.

All this talk of chips is making me hungry... :sad:

Squeege with water fairy liquid same as the outsides ,i do a few shop insides two pizza shops and used to do a chippy too

Latest Posts

Back