Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

i am converted

WCF

Help Support WCF:

very interesting sure if you can master using pole and squeegee what a bonus

sure i reads thread on here where the team leader stopped his lads using A frames

had his lads using shorts poles and squeegee

the reason being guys having accidents on A frames

taking chances and rushing

my mate in past fell off short ladders basically just rushing

I have one house that faces the sun whenever I go, and it has a big awkward window with a long top opener. On one of the hottest of days last year I knocked a couple of quid off the price of the clean, and mentioned it on the invoice that its been left due to the heat. Seemed a better option then faffing about for ages and making it worse then when I turned up.
That is when a wagtail is good i have found

Had a huge window to do it the full sun the other day

Did it in sections with a wagtail so i could wet and the squeegee before it could dry and smear

That's astonishing lol the liquidator channel is light as a feather
have you got a set of scales you can use to measure? i havnt but itd be intresting to see which IS the lightest.

I know boarcity doesn't let his boys use ladders for high bottom windows and i agree that it can be the most dangerous doing low windows leaning off the side of a ladder

Pole is the way to go on them

Just my opinion, but I think if you want to avoid ladders and do pole work, then get a wfp setup. Messing about trad on a pole should be done for the odd window, anything else is just a really inefficient way of working IMHO, and a big step backwards.
I fail to see how it is a step backwards

If wfp guys get good results it is good

If tradders get good results surely it is just as good

I get very good results with no complaints so i see it as another tool in my arsenal the same as if i had gone wfp

The best windie i reckon is the one who can trad well

Trad pole well

And wfp well

All strings to add to your bow

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, nobody on my crew uses ladders for downs . i often see other crews with oother firms carting around a 7 rung pointer ladder but on domestic work these are dangerouus cos they dig in the dirt and slower than using a pole

on the subject of poles for trad use upstairs the very lightest iv found is the 1st two sections of the Unger teleplus pole. this reaches all the normal upstairs windows and is a lot lighter than the 3 section Harris.

yes, nobody on my crew uses ladders for downs . i often see other crews with oother firms carting around a 7 rung pointer ladder but on domestic work these are dangerouus cos they dig in the dirt and slower than using a pole
on the subject of poles for trad use upstairs the very lightest iv found is the 1st two sections of the Unger teleplus pole. this reaches all the normal upstairs windows and is a lot lighter than the 3 section Harris.
gd point boar

as i have said many times " you canny buy experience

It has taken me 25yrs to get to where i am and still a learning process

There are 2 types of windie imo

Those who learn as they go along and constantly improve who make good windies and those who can happily do 30 years and be as useless as the day they started

I strive to always better myself and improve my skills

It's all in the wrist posh

If right handed extend pole to reach window with right hand on bottom of pole

Twist hand left and right to make wag work and ise left hand further up just to balance and support pole

Soon get the hang of it but you must twist your pole to operate the wagtail

Hman has a good vid somewhere i have seen illustrating this

Maybe he can find it for you

Without rubber...Wagtail 14" (not modded) 47gm

Liquidator 14" with clips. 41gm

Liquidator ain't heavier...
thanks for that eric. that means it was all in my mind- deep down i must be feeling i preferred something about the feel or possibly the balance of the wagtail channel

thanks for that eric. that means it was all in my mind- deep down i must be feeling i preferred something about the feel or possibly the balance of the wagtail channel
At the end of the day, to give credit where credit is due Willie has designed his 'better' efforts as a system. I have no issues with his channels at all. It's just I personally like them dog eared and to get them exactly right takes a bit of effort. Bolting a Liquidator channel to the Wagtail takes a lot less time BUT I don't like it with a pad currently. As a bare squeegee its superb but the pad throws the balance out I believe.

I fail to see how it is a step backwardsIf wfp guys get good results it is good

If tradders get good results surely it is just as good

I get very good results with no complaints so i see it as another tool in my arsenal the same as if i had gone wfp

The best windie i reckon is the one who can trad well

Trad pole well

And wfp well

All strings to add to your bow
Its just too slow when compared to WFP, and a lot more effort is needed when compared to a nice lightweight gardiners pole with a scubbing brush on the end. Squirty squirty, scrubby scrubby, rinsey rinsey- much easier. Over the course of a day you can do more work, and be less tired with a WFP, so why not spend a few quid and get setup with the right tool for the job? You know my views on the WFP vs trad debate, but this is a different topic- WFP vs trad pole...wfp wins hands down IMO. I can trad pole, I've used my wag since I started and was fanning very quickly, doesn't mean I'm going to waste any more time practicing with it when I can just get up a ladder and do a proper job face up to the glass as this is the main reason why I think trad beats any pole method.

WOW.....tremors in the force there after reading that ...:rofl:

are we going to get more members of the dark side as mr taytay has a go...and now...

that statement above....

all we need now is daveyboy to bite the bullet....

time to go my water is ready..:whistle:

I mean...who would do a first clean trad now...

but bet she remembers my bloody price..

oh...Im from yorkshire so I need a good price...

that was in december ...

but then she asked me to clean inside the porch roof...

cheapie did a runner..

well...ffs...it was the dark days of december and they are too short to ar se about on first clean new jobs...

to near ...chair time.../emoticons/biggrin.png

looks like we may have a secret wfper all along:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer being face to the glass also as i think it's the best way

Was just playing around with my wag

I mainly use it for access issues above connys etc

I agree Eric

Tried liquidator channel with the scrubber attached and don't feel right

Gone back to wagtail channel now

Looks like its been bodged mate, as the original one is a **** design. The could have at least added a bit of trim.

I have emailed cleaning spot just now amd said it's not good enough and sent pics

It is so close to the channel tips and not cut straight so the tips sometimes poke out the edge of the pad

Back