Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why does Gardiner backpack suddenly sound awful?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris clean

hi guys had my gardiner backpack since April use it every day and I have been really impressed. You get used to the noise it makes. Used it all morning today. Went into the next house put it on and suddenly sounds awful almost like its chugging if that makes any sense. Can anyone or @Alex Gardiner advise why this could be? Any thoughts appreciated!

Did you you knock it hard on anything? Friend of mine had one and broke the battery mounting when he knocked it against something. I was thinking motor mount maybe broken or come loose.

Thanks for the reply Mark. No I just carried it from one garden up to the next house and put it down on grass again. Was so strange as 2 mins earlier sounded fine. Did your mate manage to fix his? Thought about opening it up but got so much work at mo I don't wanna stop it working. Although it sounds awful it worked fine rest Of day

Think you're going to have to open it up when you get some time. My friend is still using his I believe so he must have fixed it. If memory serves when I had his open the battery and motor mounts were molded into the base. If one has broken you may need to fashion another one somehow as I doubt glue would hold it. Hopefully it'll just be a loose screw.

Hi Chris

If it has suddenly started making more noise it may be that the pump has perhaps come loose. The pump has 4 rubber feet which hold it in place. The feet are screwed to the unit and slide into the pump housing. It is worth checking if any of the feet have come unscrewed or have slid out of the pump housing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for responding Alex. I will open it up tonight and see what it looks like. I have ordered another one off you this morning as I rely on it all day everyday so figured it's a good idea to have a spare just in case.

I have posted on this subject before but I have set up my PF trolley using a backpack pump and battery. I did it primarily to reduce it's weight which makes it much easier to get in and out of my car. However, an added benefit is that roadside maintenance can be done in minutes as everything can be got at real easy. I can change any component, including the pump in less than 5 minutes. I keep a spares on the vehicle. It's been running now for the better part of six months. The only thing I've had to change was the battery one day when I forgot to switch the charger on one evening. If you have an old PF trolley lying about or can get one cheap off eBay it may be worth considering.

Latest Posts

Back